YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

NDSU In-Game Thread

<< < (9/10) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Check out @NDSUfootball’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/status/1058809418807042048?s=09 This is the 4th and 1 from our opening drive. Personally I think we got a bad spot, but what else is wrong with this play other then the RB missing the block?

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Just wondered who called the defense yesterday. In Bo's press conference it sounded like he might have

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on November 04, 2018, 07:12:29 AM ---Check out @NDSUfootball’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/status/1058809418807042048?s=09 This is the 4th and 1 from our opening drive. Personally I think we got a bad spot, but what else is wrong with this play other then the RB missing the block?

--- End quote ---

Not seeing what you are hinting at? What am I missing?

YSUFANSINCE1990:
  The offensive scheme and play calling is broken.  McCaster only 8 carries?   Mays carrying the ball 24 times, he would never make it through a season.  At the end of the half is on the coaches, Mays has to be told over and over, if receiver open in end zone take a shot, if not, throw it away and kick the field goal.  Even if it is a first down at the 2 or 3 yard line, YSU had no timeouts.  Still would have to spike for field goal.  Brian Crist is lost as the coordinator.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on November 05, 2018, 08:39:01 AM ---  The offensive scheme and play calling is broken.  McCaster only 8 carries?   Mays carrying the ball 24 times, he would never make it through a season.  At the end of the half is on the coaches, Mays has to be told over and over, if receiver open in end zone take a shot, if not, throw it away and kick the field goal.  Even if it is a first down at the 2 or 3 yard line, YSU had no timeouts.  Still would have to spike for field goal.  Brian Crist is lost as the coordinator.

--- End quote ---

I think the issue there is on-field leadership. Shuffling of players. Why were not all of the field generals (there are 4 of them) yelling down and distance as every peewee player is taught? Mays made the error, but he should have heard "4th-down" several times before he even got to the line. The score board was also wrong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version