YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Indiana State

<< < (11/13) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on October 28, 2018, 07:35:16 PM ---Bo has good relationships with his players.  Not so much with administrators. 

His problem is that he hired rookie coaches because we don't pay "Jack Squat" to the staff.  You get what you pay for.  We are  getting what we deserve when it comes to coaching salaries
 Sorry, but had to say it.

--- End quote ---
Power, these are the same salaries that coached us to a national championship game just a few years ago. They are right in the middle of the national average and slightly higher then North Dakota State and South Dakota state and the rest of the Missouri. That was part of the reason why Nic McKissic Luke joined the staff

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on October 29, 2018, 07:46:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on October 28, 2018, 07:35:16 PM ---Bo has good relationships with his players.  Not so much with administrators. 

His problem is that he hired rookie coaches because we don't pay "Jack Squat" to the staff.  You get what you pay for.  We are  getting what we deserve when it comes to coaching salaries
 Sorry, but had to say it.

--- End quote ---
Power, these are the same salaries that coached us to a national championship game just a few years ago. They are right in the middle of the national average and slightly higher then North Dakota State and South Dakota state and the rest of the Missouri. That was part of the reason why Nic McKissic Luke joined the staff

--- End quote ---

I am not sure you are correct.  We are paying only 60-70k for assistants a d Bo gave up some of his salary so he could pay his coordinators more (my understanding).  You could be a truck driver and make more than the assistant coaches so why would anyone want to do it?

YSUFANSINCE1990:
  YSU is an average FCS program at best, paying assistant coaches 60-70 K is reasonable.  The goal for most of these coaches should be to prove yourself and then move on to be an FBS assistant or become a head coach.

That is part of working your way up the ladder in the coaching business.   Pelini after the game on Saturday blamed everyone but himself and his staff.  He is a joke as a head coaching, and our recruiting has been awful.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I know he will never do it, but Bo should apologize for his post game conference at penguins playbook tonight(If he shows up) and J.T. and Strollo should demand that he does. Don't get me wrong players deserve corrective criticism at times but that was way overboard. This is the same kind of stuff that got him fired at Nebraska and it does nothing but give YSU a black eye. Everywhere you look on the internet RAW VIDEO BO PELINI!!

YSU FAN#34:

--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on October 29, 2018, 09:00:15 AM ---  YSU is an average FCS program at best, paying assistant coaches 60-70 K is reasonable.  The goal for most of these coaches should be to prove yourself and then move on to be an FBS assistant or become a head coach.

That is part of working your way up the ladder in the coaching business.   Pelini after the game on Saturday blamed everyone but himself and his staff.  He is a joke as a head coaching, and our recruiting has been awful.

--- End quote ---

Saying he did not blame himself is simply not accurate.  I just watched the presser and he did throw his name in as part of the blame.  Believe me, I am not a fan of Bo but facts are facts. 

Overall it’s a sad state of affairs right now all the way around. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version