YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

South Dakota Week

<< < (3/3)

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on October 18, 2018, 09:56:31 PM ---5 wins in conference play used to be automatic for a playoff bid in the Missouri. I believe we went 8-4 one year with a win over Pitt with 5 conference victories and were left out. Times have changed there are not as many highly ranked teams from our conference. Other teams and conferences are starting to earn the respect of the voters. YSU finishing 6-2 in conference play would be a great story tho kandrase.. probably a little bit of sarcasm on my part, But honestly feel 6 wins for any conference team this year is know guarantee. If YSU was on the bubble, the loss to a non scholarship team would seal their fate

--- End quote ---

We we’re only 4-4 in conference the year we beat pitt.

ysuguins4:
Guins were 7-4 in 2012 when they beat Pitt, but only 20 teams made the playoffs that year.  Had it been 24, YSU probably would have been in.  8-4 in 2013, but finished the season with 3 straight losses, and the conference was not as highly regarded as it is now.  Only 2 MV teams made the playoffs that year.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
https://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/university-of-south-dakota/2018/10/18/dakarai-allen-south-dakota-coyotes-football-usd/1669254002/ I'm very concerned about the coyotes passing game and especially allen. It will be a tall task for our secondary if we can't get pressure on their quarterback. Hopefully we give them some different looks and blitz on occasion. If our offense can't put up a good amount of points on a very bad coyotes defense we are in trouble. Praying for lots of rain and wind since S.D. plays indoors

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on October 19, 2018, 04:12:40 PM ---Guins were 7-4 in 2012 when they beat Pitt, but only 20 teams made the playoffs that year.  Had it been 24, YSU probably would have been in.  8-4 in 2013, but finished the season with 3 straight losses, and the conference was not as highly regarded as it is now.  Only 2 MV teams made the playoffs that year.

--- End quote ---

Since 2014 the MVFC has only gotten more respect weve had 4 and 5 bids every year since 2014. Also a 6-2 conference recored MVFC team has never been left out of the playoffs. If we win out we’re in period.

The YO Show:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on October 20, 2018, 11:38:00 AM ---https://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/university-of-south-dakota/2018/10/18/dakarai-allen-south-dakota-coyotes-football-usd/1669254002/ I'm very concerned about the coyotes passing game and especially allen. It will be a tall task for our secondary if we can't get pressure on their quarterback. Hopefully we give them some different looks and blitz on occasion. If our offense can't put up a good amount of points on a very bad coyotes defense we are in trouble. Praying for lots of rain and wind since S.D. plays indoors

--- End quote ---

Well there is rain... But holy crap did not expect this. Team is playing like I have not seen them play all year. Would not have believed you if you told me we would be getting sacks and be up 19 to 0 in the first. Also... Pelini pulled Zak Kennedy off the pat. That was not him on the PAT. It was freshman grant gonya!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version