YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Why isn't Payne returning punts and kicks?

<< < (2/3) > >>

peteonastick:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on October 13, 2018, 05:30:14 PM ---That would require a competent coach. Bo loves his Youngstown boys.

--- End quote ---

That is the answer..Schuler shanked a punt and Bo pulled him.  Kennedy has shanked numerous kicks...he is still in there...can you spell Cardinal Mooney on that check?

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I could be wrong, but I think one of Kennedy's punts traveled 29 or 30 yards and he continued punting after that

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: peteonastick on October 16, 2018, 05:53:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on October 13, 2018, 05:30:14 PM ---That would require a competent coach. Bo loves his Youngstown boys.

--- End quote ---

That is the answer..Schuler shanked a punt and Bo pulled him.  Kennedy has shanked numerous kicks...he is still in there...can you spell Cardinal Mooney on that check?

--- End quote ---

I was just thinking the same thing. Seriously Bo? One bad punt from a punter whose done well all season yet Kennedy is 5/12 and still in???

I almost couldn’t believe it when I heard him during the press conference. And I’m not trying to be hard on Kennedy, he’s had a decent career, but at some point you have to give someone else a try. Why is the margin of error so wide for our kicker yet so small for our punter

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on October 16, 2018, 12:21:38 PM ---Hey Power,

Any update on the punter?

--- End quote ---

I don't know the reason and I'm not going to ask.  I joined the game late.  He may have been taking too much time and there may have been concerns with protecting him.  He also did shank a punt.  The wind was a real problem during the game so maybe they thought Kennedy could get the punt off faster or has a stronger leg (I don't think Kennedy has a stronger leg).

I don't know and I am sick of watching the low information press conferences.

We have more coaching problems than we have personnel problems as far as I am concerned.  We are missing several key people that had season ending injuries in fall camp and now we are breaking in new kids with inexperienced coaches (one of which was the worst defensive back in the history of YSU football).

go guins:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on October 17, 2018, 06:58:27 AM ---
--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on October 16, 2018, 12:21:38 PM ---Hey Power,

Any update on the punter?

--- End quote ---

I don't know the reason and I'm not going to ask.  I joined the game late.  He may have been taking too much time and there may have been concerns with protecting him.  He also did shank a punt.  The wind was a real problem during the game so maybe they thought Kennedy could get the punt off faster or has a stronger leg (I don't think Kennedy has a stronger leg).

I don't know and I am sick of watching the low information press conferences.

We have more coaching problems than we have personnel problems as far as I am concerned.  We are missing several key people that had season ending injuries in fall camp and now we are breaking in new kids with inexperienced coaches (one of which was the worst defensive back in the history of YSU football).

--- End quote ---
(one of which was the worst defensive back in the history of YSU football).
Boy, unfortunately there is some real competition for that spot!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version