YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

SIU In-Game Thread

<< < (5/7) > >>

Double ET:

--- Quote from: YSU1 on October 07, 2018, 11:14:31 AM ---Pelini's postgame comments were that the team is not focused and they are making too many mental mistakes.  Could it be the kids are playing scared because they know Pelini will go postal on them.

--- End quote ---
Bo, in his post game comments, almost rountinely critizied the players for missing assignments.
This might be true to the certain situations. I am not sure if it applied to all. We have to realize that the players from the other team also had their assignments. If our players could not reacti to the changes in the play by the team, it could be that our players were not as good.
As a result of their better play calling or superior execution, our players might not be able to perform their assignments. Therefore , IMO, our guys were  not as good or not being coached better. It was not just about our players missing assignments. They other guys were just better.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Bo has done nothing but criticize his players the entire year. Holds his coaching staff accountable for very little, never used to be that way

Penguin Ice:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on October 07, 2018, 12:12:51 PM ---Bo has done nothing but criticize his players the entire year. Holds his coaching staff accountable for very little, never used to be that way

--- End quote ---

Obviously you have never been in the locker room. You are completely wrong

penguinpower:
There are issues in the locker room.  The reason we are not performing to standards

guinpen:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 07, 2018, 10:38:57 AM ---I was unable to attend the game yesterday, for medical reasons. I payed for ESPN+ and got Jim Campbell and a color man. Jim Cambell has never changed. This color guy needs to settle down and he can be a good commentator. I also always try to listen to Bob Hannon. It was as if the two sets of announcers were watching two different games. Campbell was treating it like the "laugher" that it was, while Hannon (and especially Muranski) were raving. I mean we only had 2 rushing 1st-downs in the entire first half. We did not even score a TD until 4:36 left in the game. It was clear that Campbell was shocked at our lack of performance, then to listen to WKBN (especially Muranski) you would think we just knocked off NDSU.

Still YSU can do better than Campbell as a play-by-play man. I remember when WKBN brought in Jim Campbell to try and replace Don Gardner ...just a little too meek for the roll. Great sports knowledge though.

--- End quote ---

I am surprised that you are surprised by Hannon and Ed, they are being paid to announce the game and in a favorable light for YSU. Seem to recall the Rubber band man lost his job for not doing that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version