YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

WIU Post Mortem

<< < (2/3) > >>

HappyPenguin:
Hard to believe we were in the championship game not that long ago.

Wow have we fallen fast. So sloppy.

ytownchief22:
Won't win another game all year.

ytownchief22:
I'm also sick of hearing Bo continue to say "We have too many blown assignments". Well then FIX IT. Find a kid who can do it right. These coaches stink. Half of them aren't even qualified to be assistants.

IAA Fan:
Just my .05 worth:

1. We gave up 475 yards. on D. Do we have a defensive coordinator?
2. Only had 55-yards of rushing, yet San Surin, Alessi and Turner had only 1 carry each? Do we have an offensive coordinator? We try to run an offense like the former OC, yet have no "lightning" to go with our "thunder". This is why WIU was in the backfield on every play, not that the o-line helped.
3. 3 turnovers? No wonder we set a passing record and still lost.
4. It is nice to know that VG has really taken some strides and we can win a game through the air when we have to (he never gives up on a play), but we should not have to. Is this YSU, Texas Tech, or Oklahoma State?
5. Coverage was above average (still missed assignments though), kick-offs and punts were excellent, FG's were 1-1. I know it was a 41-yard attempt, but Kennedy used to have that kind of leg. The ball barely got there, which can easily account for accuracy. When he missed in the past, the ball sailed past the uprights. Special teams have been solid though; ST coordinator doing his job.

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on September 30, 2018, 09:58:42 AM ---I'm also sick of hearing Bo continue to say "We have too many blown assignments". Well then FIX IT. Find a kid who can do it right. These coaches stink. Half of them aren't even qualified to be assistants.

--- End quote ---

I think you are spot on. Sad but true. I don't see things improving under these assistants.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version