YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Western Illinois Week

<< < (2/4) > >>

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: go guins on September 24, 2018, 10:55:40 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on September 24, 2018, 09:50:31 AM ---They're coming off a bye as well. Beat Montana the week before at home. Let's hope all the dinged up players are healthy and ready to go. Must win.

--- End quote ---
Agreed, everything but NDSU is a "must win" with the Butler disaster on our record. 
Looking for encouragement where ever I can find it, WVU is damn good and performance against them was "credible"  (WETF credible means?!?!?)

--- End quote ---

We can afford to lose to SDSU as well I think. The #2 and #3 teams in the valley are going to get at large bids guaranteed, the playoff committee won’t care who you lost to in week 1 if you can grind out quality wins in MVFC play. I guarantee you we’re making the playoff if we end up third in the valley, and probably 4th as well.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on September 24, 2018, 05:46:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on September 24, 2018, 09:50:31 AM ---They're coming off a bye as well. Beat Montana the week before at home. Let's hope all the dinged up players are healthy and ready to go. Must win.

--- End quote ---
Agreed, everything but NDSU is a "must win" with the Butler disaster on our record. 
Looking for encouragement where ever I can find it, WVU is damn good and performance against them was "credible"  (WETF credible means?!?!?)

--- End quote ---

We can afford to lose to SDSU as well I think. The #2 and #3 teams in the valley are going to get at large bids guaranteed, the playoff committee won’t care who you lost to in week 1 if you can grind out quality wins in MVFC play. I guarantee you we’re making the playoff if we end up third in the valley, and probably 4th as well.

--- End quote ---

The committee absolutely will care about the Butler loss. That's the reason this team will not make the playoffs.

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on September 24, 2018, 06:23:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kandrase on September 24, 2018, 05:46:08 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

The committee absolutely will care about the Butler loss. That's the reason this team will not make the playoffs.

--- End quote ---

If we somehow go 6-2 in conference play we’ll end up in the top 25 (probably top 20) and there’s no way the committee would keep a  ranked MVFC team out of the playoffs. If I’m wrong I’m wrong, but this conference gets too much benefit of the doubt.

go guins:

[/quote]

If we somehow go 6-2 in conference play we’ll end up in the top 25 (probably top 20) and there’s no way the committee would keep a  ranked MVFC team out of the playoffs. If I’m wrong I’m wrong, but this conference gets too much benefit of the doubt.
[/quote]
Kandrase, the way I read this is Saturday is in fact a "must win".  We all seem to assume a loss in Fargo, so if you accept your 6-2 required finish (which is credible to me) then you have to win against the Leathernecks, or you have to win at all your remaining games including at SDSU and at Ill State, neither which will be easy.  The one thing Butler did is make it easy to focus going forward,  win or stay home.

ytownchief22:
Better keep an eye on that QB or we're going to be torched.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version