YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Western Illinois Week

<< < (3/4) > >>

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: go guins on September 25, 2018, 08:49:53 AM ---

--- End quote ---

If we somehow go 6-2 in conference play we’ll end up in the top 25 (probably top 20) and there’s no way the committee would keep a  ranked MVFC team out of the playoffs. If I’m wrong I’m wrong, but this conference gets too much benefit of the doubt.
[/quote]
Kandrase, the way I read this is Saturday is in fact a "must win".  We all seem to assume a loss in Fargo, so if you accept your 6-2 required finish (which is credible to me) then you have to win against the Leathernecks, or you have to win at all your remaining games including at SDSU and at Ill State, neither which will be easy.  The one thing Butler did is make it easy to focus going forward,  win or stay home.
[/quote]

Yes. I think every game except for SDSU or NDSU is a must win. The comment I responded to said every game except NDSU was a must win, implying we’d need to go 7-1 in conference play to make the playoffs. I was just saying our margin of error is slightly larger

YSU1:
As league play is about to begin can't you sense the excitement.

ytownchief22:
The more I look at this game, the more I see our secondary getting exposed and another loss coming. Just don't have the depth and talent.

ELPENGUIN:
From the Western Illinois Football Forum site :  YSU is a team that has been struggling lately with both on-the-field and off-the-field issues. Offensively, they have one really good player, Tevin McCaster, but they don't have much in the way of receiving threats. Off-the-field, there's been legal issues with a couple of their players, plus an assistant coach on suspension during a domestic violence investigation, which seems like it's made focusing on football somewhat difficult for the Penguins. Overall, it's looking like a down year in general for YSU, but they still won't be a "pushover". I trust that our defense should be able to hold their own against the YSU offense, but I'm still hoping to see an improved run game from our first few games. I think we do take a step forward and win by 6.

The YO Show:
No receiving threats? I guess farrar and our tight ends don't count?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version