YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The reality of Youngstown St. Football

<< < (3/4) > >>

Double ET:

--- Quote from: gbs20 on September 04, 2018, 08:16:54 AM ---Correction. The university does not have record enrollment.  Not too long ago it was over 15,000, about 2500 more than now. The campus apartment boom has created more on campus housing and was supposed to lead to more of a true campus environment. Not sure that is happening. Is the student section larger and more enthusiastic?

--- End quote ---

We are not at record enrollment. However, we now have over 2500 students living on campus with all on campus at full capacity. The enrollment has been going gradually I upward (since Tressel's arrival) reversing the downward trend of the last decade.
In order to get these on campus students to attend the sporting events, university has to actively engage these students. Nothing would excite these students than winning programs. Losing to a team like Butler did not help. Basketball programs were horrible last few years.
Students will come if we start winning. We have to see how things are going to work out.

I have been attending YSU (YU) football games since my Freshman year in 1966. Losing to Butler was the worse defeat I have never experienced. It was a total team effort (or lack off) for this perfect storm to happen.

The coaches will have to explain to me why our DB ot LB continued to play behind the receivers to give up those 6-10 yard completions when all they needed was a field goal.  They played as if we were trying to protect against a touchdown.

go guins:

[/quote]

I have been attending YSU (YU) football games since my Freshman year in 1966. Losing to Butler was the worse defeat I have never experienced. It was a total team effort (or lack off) for this perfect storm to happen.

The coaches will have to explain to me why our DB ot LB continued to play behind the receivers to give up those 6-10 yard completions when all they needed was a field goal.  They played as if we were trying to protect against a touchdown.
[/quote]
Agreed, worst ever!
It wasn't just the last drive, it was every damn snap the entire game!  Worst coaching job I've ever witnessed.  My grandson's under 125# team would make better adjustments at the half!

ytownchief22:
McNutt may be gone for good...

ytownchief22:
Starters aren't even making it to practice because of class conflicts.... Dear lord.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on September 04, 2018, 04:14:56 PM ---Starters aren't even making it to practice because of class conflicts.... Dear lord.

--- End quote ---

Wow, that is news to me!

My student athlete was late for my classes all the time because coaches kept them past the scheduled classes. They weren't allowed to come to class until the practices were done (or suffer the consequences).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version