YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Season is over

<< < (9/10) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:
By the end of this season Eric Wolford's 7 and 8 win seasons will be looking really good to me. Wolf should have never been fired in the first place. Shane Montgomery leaving this year has been a major blow to the program. Both were good coaches and recruiters. Some of the staff we have now are not qualified to do either at the Division 1 level

ytownchief22:
This is the mess that Bo wanted/created with his good ole Mooney/Youngstown connections.

ytownchief22:
“They just look at you — and I feel for them. No young man wants to go out there wanting to make a mistake and it kills them,” Pelini said. “We had one play where a guy came off the field and I said to him ‘did you hear the call?’ He said yes. ‘Did you hear the check?’ Yes. I ask what he’s supposed to do and he reiterates to me what’s supposed to happen. ‘Why didn’t you?’ I don’t know.

Yikes....

YSUFANSINCE1990:
  Several excellent posts.   As for firing Pelini, if we go 3-8,4-7 it should be a consideration.  However, Strollo is terrified of Bo, and so is everyone in the athletic department, they don't have the you know what to make that happen.  Pelini has said publicly that he has no interest in recruiting, and it is showing, our talent is in the bottom half of the league.

Pelini so clueless that he didn't see this, he said all summer this would be a good team and a playoff team, delusional.  His arrogance got in the way of bringing in some experience on the staff when Carl and Shane left.  In some circles, Pelini seems to get a pass as the head coach, but this is all on him.  it's his 4th year and the program is going backwards.

YSU football is irrelevant.

ytowngirl:
YSU is definitely irrelevant.  I was at the Toledo vs Miami game a few weeks ago.  Man they have a great student section and I really like their stadium.  YSU should have built something like that small and cozy and loud. 

Unfortunately people in Youngstown don't give a sh*t about YSU sports.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version