YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Season is over

<< < (6/10) > >>

penguinpower:
Ed Muransky needs to stop talking about how great the OL is and other parts of the team.  Who the hell knows what game he is watching but he is so off base it is sickening.

We have no identity on offense.  We have no pass rush on defense and couldn't cover a Pop Warner kid in the secondary.  The OL is a sieve and gets no push.  What is the game plan on offense, are we a run-first team? It looks so random and uncoordinated.  D'Alisio has the secondary playing like he did when he was back there......couldn't cover a stationary wall with paint.  Carl Pelini's loss is evident.  It is obvious that things are being held together with duct tape and shoe strings. 

Very frustrating to watch.  I had to shut it off.  We are an embarrassment right now and the Dakota teams are licking their chops.  We won't be competitive. 

I found it interesting that in one of the press conferences it was mentioned that many kids were missing practice due to class scheduling.  Has anyone ever heard of this before? I can see that this could be a problem, but I would expect it to be the same for every team in college football.  It sounds like some excuse that would come out of the University of Michigan.  They are masters at giving excuses when they lose and hyping
their undeserved teams when they are average.  WTF

Meanwhile NDSU rolls in the Dakota Marker game and their highlights make College Football Final.  We make a Sports Illistrated exclusive article for the worst loss in college football history for the loss to non-scholarship Butler.  How would you like to have that lowlight in your resume? Michigan can't escape their loss to App State, but App State had a scholarship gap of 22.  Our gap with Butler was 63?   This is the comparison being made....that our loss was worse.  Something needs to change.

I wanted to believe the hype machine, but the eye test tells me we may win one more game if we are lucky.  The Dakota teams are going to embarrass us (as well as UNI). 

I say play the freshman and the young QB.  Get them ahead for next year.  Season is over.  Hire qualified coaches, and go recruit now.  We need a lot of help.

ytownchief22:
The season was over before it started. The injuries decimated an already pretty below average defense. O-Coordinator is in over his head. It's a mess. Bo has his good ole boys coaching with him and guys with little to no experience like this is D5 high school football. Not good....

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on October 01, 2018, 08:57:31 AM ---The season was over before it started. The injuries decimated an already pretty below average defense. O-Coordinator is in over his head. It's a mess. Bo has his good ole boys coaching with him and guys with little to no experience like this is D5 high school football. Not good....

--- End quote ---

I wonder what the University President thinks about all this? I would have loved to watch that game with him.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on October 01, 2018, 10:46:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on October 01, 2018, 08:57:31 AM ---The season was over before it started. The injuries decimated an already pretty below average defense. O-Coordinator is in over his head. It's a mess. Bo has his good ole boys coaching with him and guys with little to no experience like this is D5 high school football. Not good....

--- End quote ---

I wonder what the University President thinks about all this? I would have loved to watch that game with him.

--- End quote ---
He probably would like to put on his vest and march down to the sideline.

IAA Fan:
First of all, I do not see JT losing too much sleep. He has "bigger fish to fry". It will be nice to go to a game, get out my program and take notes on the players and get some photos. Actually enjoy the game. Makes our recruiting time posts more meaningful.

If Muransky handed out props to the oline again ...he is certainly going to lose any credibility. I watched the game, so I got the WIU announcers. Folks WIU was not a good team, so we cold be in trouble. I tell you what though, I like this new head coach for the leathernecks, a couple of dirty players still hanging around. They are young and still played very tight, so may win more games than I think. Lack of depth will keep them out of the top-4.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version