YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Season is over

<< < (4/10) > >>

IAA Fan:
The team (Valpo) was in the same conference as YSU for over 15-years (2 conferences) and you know Slippery Rock better? I guess you do not follow any other YSU sports? I would rather play Valpo and Butler, because these teams were in the HL when these games were scheduled.

My comment on the team stands until I see a real YSU football team take the field. We lost to Butler. There is no justification, no excuse, never should have happened and there is nothing that Bo can ever do (including national titles) that can ever make up for it. SO how can I now expect any more over Valpo? If you say it is a learning curve; sorry that excuse ends opening day. This team has not proven to me that they can defeat anyone. So until they do ...  I have actively supported this team since 1978 (with my dad much before that even) and will do so for the rest of my life; but I call it as I see it.

BTW: Michigan's loss to Appy State was just as embarrassing and Carr knew his career ended when the clock hit zero. UM was not going to just fire their second-leading (modern era) coach. The entire country knew he had 11-more games left. You know what? As great of a coach as Carr was (far better than anyone UM has had since, including the clown they have now) ... to the college football fans, he will forever be nothing more than the coach that lost to D-II team. (D-II is intentional).

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 12, 2018, 04:43:29 PM ---The team (Valpo) was in the same conference as YSU for over 15-years (2 conferences) and you know Slippery Rock better? I guess you do not follow any other YSU sports? I would rather play Valpo and Butler, because these teams were in the HL when these games were scheduled.

My comment on the team stands until I see a real YSU football team take the field. We lost to Butler. There is no justification, no excuse, never should have happened and there is nothing that Bo can ever do (including national titles) that can ever make up for it. SO how can I now expect any more over Valpo? If you say it is a learning curve; sorry that excuse ends opening day. This team has not proven to me that they can defeat anyone. So until they do ...  I have actively supported this team since 1978 (with my dad much before that even) and will do so for the rest of my life; but I call it as I see it.

BTW: Michigan's loss to Appy State was just as embarrassing and Carr knew his career ended when the clock hit zero. UM was not going to just fire their second-leading (modern era) coach. The entire country knew he had 11-more games left. You know what? As great of a coach as Carr was (far better than anyone UM has had since, including the clown they have now) ... to the college football fans, he will forever be nothing more than the coach that lost to D-II team. (D-II is intentional).

--- End quote ---

Yeah... I guarantee you if Lloyd Carr goes on to beat Ohio state and wins a major bowl game that year his career wouldn’t have been over.

And how in god’s name does winning a title not make up for the Butler game??? The whole point of the season is to win a championship not avoid embarrassing losses. These pre conference games are the least important games of the season. The conference schedule is what truly matters.

Winning Fixes everything. An MVFC championship would  make up for the Butler loss in my book.

ytownchief22:
Give me a national championship and Butler is completely erased from my mind lol.

penguinpower:
No team that loses to a non-scholarship team or a lower level team win win the title.  Sorry, but it doesn't work that way.  We have no chance to win anything.  However, as I said earlier, we can get better but someone needs to teach the current secondary coach how to coach

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on September 12, 2018, 08:55:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 12, 2018, 04:43:29 PM ---The team (Valpo) was in the same conference as YSU for over 15-years (2 conferences) and you know Slippery Rock better? I guess you do not follow any other YSU sports? I would rather play Valpo and Butler, because these teams were in the HL when these games were scheduled.

--- End quote ---

Yeah... I guarantee you if Lloyd Carr goes on to beat Ohio state and wins a major bowl game that year his career wouldn’t have been over.

And how in god’s name does winning a title not make up for the Butler game??? The whole point of the season is to win a championship not avoid embarrassing losses. These pre conference games are the least important games of the season. The conference schedule is what truly matters.

Winning Fixes everything. An MVFC championship would  make up for the Butler loss in my book.

--- End quote ---

Have to disagree on Carr. H was done that day. He still had a decent year, but he was retiring, resigning, or being dismissed at year end. 0-5 against Tressel did not help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version