YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Fire Bo

<< < (6/8) > >>

peteonastick:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on October 15, 2018, 01:17:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on October 15, 2018, 12:38:01 PM ---Football Fever, what did Pelini do at Nebraska?  No Big 10 titles, No Big 12 titles, no BCS bowl appearances.  Against the elite of the conference he not only lost, he got blown out.  He beat the bad teams.  He is also a pain the you know where for and AD and President to deal with.  He is a D coordinator, not a head coach.

He lost to Butler.  In year 4 of a program, he should have YSU rolling, instead the program is a mess.  He is setting us back for years.  He has no chance to ever coach at a Power 5.   He will also not win at a place like BG, have you seen their scores this year?  Your comment about recruiting the midwest, is hilarious.  How did that work out for him at YSU?   Pelini also has publicly said he hates recruiting.

--- End quote ---

Regardless of how it happened or where the program is now, he did take YSU to our first playoff appearance in a decade and first championship appearance since 1999. It’s still a pretty good resume line item. That will be in the first few lines of the press release after BGSU hires him

--- End quote ---

Let's face it...He went to the NC with Wolford recruits and one transfer from Nebraska.  Other than that he has been mediocre at best.  Youngstown people got all excited, as did I, about him coming here.  I remember reading all the Nebraska fans comment about him and wishing us good luck with his aloof attitude, bad PR, poor sportsmanship, etc..it is all true.  He hates kissing recruits butts and it shows.  He hates referees and they hate him.  The problem with Youngstown is that he is a Youngstown guy and they will put up with the antics...for so long. He has brought the program down.  His record speaks for itself. 25-18. 

There are so many problems with this program...from the schedule, the conference, the coaching, the administration..it is all coming to a head and something has to pop!  Tailgating is the only thing keeping me interested in YSU at this point. 

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: peteonastick on October 15, 2018, 07:39:09 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kandrase on October 15, 2018, 01:17:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on October 15, 2018, 12:38:01 PM ---Football Fever, what did Pelini do at Nebraska?  No Big 10 titles, No Big 12 titles, no BCS bowl appearances.  Against the elite of the conference he not only lost, he got blown out.  He beat the bad teams.  He is also a pain the you know where for and AD and President to deal with.  He is a D coordinator, not a head coach.

He lost to Butler.  In year 4 of a program, he should have YSU rolling, instead the program is a mess.  He is setting us back for years.  He has no chance to ever coach at a Power 5.   He will also not win at a place like BG, have you seen their scores this year?  Your comment about recruiting the midwest, is hilarious.  How did that work out for him at YSU?   Pelini also has publicly said he hates recruiting.

--- End quote ---

Regardless of how it happened or where the program is now, he did take YSU to our first playoff appearance in a decade and first championship appearance since 1999. It’s still a pretty good resume line item. That will be in the first few lines of the press release after BGSU hires him

--- End quote ---

Let's face it...He went to the NC with Wolford recruits and one transfer from Nebraska.  Other than that he has been mediocre at best.  Youngstown people got all excited, as did I, about him coming here.  I remember reading all the Nebraska fans comment about him and wishing us good luck with his aloof attitude, bad PR, poor sportsmanship, etc..it is all true.  He hates kissing recruits butts and it shows.  He hates referees and they hate him.  The problem with Youngstown is that he is a Youngstown guy and they will put up with the antics...for so long. He has brought the program down.  His record speaks for itself. 25-18. 

There are so many problems with this program...from the schedule, the conference, the coaching, the administration..it is all coming to a head and something has to pop!  Tailgating is the only thing keeping me interested in YSU at this point.

--- End quote ---

Oh yeah I don’t disagree. I was writing from the BGSU or outsider perspective who doesn’t know the situation. Also it was 2 Nebraska transfers ;)

Well as a crazy fan I’m still holding out hope they can turn this season around just a little. We’re going to be a spoiler team which could be interesting. Not good enough to be a good team but just good enough to ruin SD or Illinois states season if we play well and get some breaks .. so that  could be fun to watch.

IAA Fan:
Mt Union? Not that Bo is going anywhere (unless by his own choice) but how about someone that even knows what a scholarship is  ;)

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 16, 2018, 09:14:45 AM ---Mt Union? Not that Bo is going anywhere (unless by his own choice) but how about someone that even knows what a scholarship is  ;)

--- End quote ---

Again, the Larry Kehres coaching tree has produced several high quality d1 coaches: see Campbell, candle and grinch. Also buffalo hired a coach straight from d3 and they are 6-1 this year.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on October 16, 2018, 12:46:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 16, 2018, 09:14:45 AM ---Mt Union? Not that Bo is going anywhere (unless by his own choice) but how about someone that even knows what a scholarship is  ;)

--- End quote ---

Again, the Larry Kehres coaching tree has produced several high quality d1 coaches: see Campbell, candle and grinch. Also buffalo hired a coach straight from d3 and they are 6-1 this year.

--- End quote ---
Kandrase, you are absolutely right on your points here.  The arrogance of some of these people regarding coaches with slightly different experiences baffles me.  Give a good football coach a job coach little league baseball or girls volley ball, and he'd win.  Leadership, motivation, studying, learning, adjusting those are the issues, not exactly the "same" experience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version