YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

First Home game against Butler High school and nobody cares!

<< < (5/13) > >>

robmat2571:
Some of the best D2 teams in the country or in Western PA.  Cal U, IUP, and SRU are all better options than Butler IMO.  IUP has some real talent and as many D1 transfers as most FCS schools.  IUP would give us a better game than Butler or Duquesne.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: guinpen on August 29, 2018, 08:08:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on August 28, 2018, 04:27:40 PM ---Have the AD get a better game.... Snooze fest.

--- End quote ---

My team will be playing, why would I snooze?

--- End quote ---

Game will over by half. Snooooooooze.

When's the last time a real FCS opponent not in the MVFC came to Stambaugh ?

Mr. Strollo too worried about filling up the loges and trying to make money than giving a crap about the regular fan who wants to see a good football game.

Wick250:
For those of you who are relatively new here, understand that Ron Strollo is an accountant by training and by inclination.  His business plan for the OOC schedule is to maximize the yield from the P5 game while paying out as little as possible for the two FCS home games.  That means games against phony FCS teams from the Pioneer Conference and semi-phony FCS teams from the NEC.  I hate this.  Most of you hate this.  But it will not change.

Why not schedule D2 teams?  We can't, thanks to the bizarre world of the NCAA.  It would be suicide since the NCAA refuses to count, for playoff selection purposes, any wins against D2 opponents, no matter how worthy.  Instead, the NCAA grants the Pioneer League an automatic berth in the playoffs and fantasizes that wins against that conference count toward your playoff resume.  You can't blame Strollo for this one.

The YO Show:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on August 29, 2018, 10:44:52 PM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on August 29, 2018, 08:08:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on August 28, 2018, 04:27:40 PM ---Have the AD get a better game.... Snooze fest.

--- End quote ---

My team will be playing, why would I snooze?

--- End quote ---

Game will over by half. Snooooooooze.

When's the last time a real FCS opponent not in the MVFC came to Stambaugh ?

Mr. Strollo too worried about filling up the loges and trying to make money than giving a crap about the regular fan who wants to see a good football game.

--- End quote ---

Wofford, playoffs 2016. Although, I recognize in the spirit of your comment you were referring to planned before the beginning of the year rather than due to playoffs.

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on August 29, 2018, 11:10:39 PM ---For those of you who are relatively new here, understand that Ron Strollo is an accountant by training and by inclination.  His business plan for the OOC schedule is to maximize the yield from the P5 game while paying out as little as possible for the two FCS home games.  That means games against phony FCS teams from the Pioneer Conference and semi-phony FCS teams from the NEC.  I hate this.  Most of you hate this.  But it will not change.

Why not schedule D2 teams?  We can't, thanks to the bizarre world of the NCAA.  It would be suicide since the NCAA refuses to count, for playoff selection purposes, any wins against D2 opponents, no matter how worthy.  Instead, the NCAA grants the Pioneer League an automatic berth in the playoffs and fantasizes that wins against that conference count toward your playoff resume.  You can't blame Strollo for this one.

--- End quote ---

Might as well save this post and just repost it every August Wick  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version