YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

First Home game against Butler High school and nobody cares!

<< < (4/13) > >>

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on August 29, 2018, 08:55:50 AM ---
--- Quote from: Kandrase on August 28, 2018, 10:37:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on August 28, 2018, 04:27:40 PM ---Have the AD get a better game.... Snooze fest.

--- End quote ---

They should schedule Mount Union instead of these non scholarship d1s like butler. Similar... likely better level of competition and they are just down the road so more of a local game.

--- End quote ---

Oh come on. Butler would smack Mount Union around. Same crap every year. Our schedules have been excellent for years now. This year we have the second-best (preseason) team in the Big-12, and 6 top-25 teams from our own level. What more do you want and still make the post-season?

--- End quote ---

You know Butler is non scholarship rignt? No reason to think they are any better than a good d3 team. I’d honestly rather have us play a d2 school then these pioneer league d1 in name only teams.

I think our SOS is fine, just hate these games because they are boring. I know why we do it, but I don’t have to like it. Again, schedule Ashland or Walsh, at least they are bringing some scholarship level talent.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on August 28, 2018, 04:27:40 PM ---Have the AD get a better game.... Snooze fest.

--- End quote ---

My team will be playing, why would I snooze?

guinpen:

--- Quote from: pen4life on August 28, 2018, 11:20:51 PM ---I'm sure nebraska fans are saying something similar about Akron. go support your team  sometimes a couple of cupcakes give time to work on some critical issues

--- End quote ---

Spot on

guinpen:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on August 29, 2018, 08:55:50 AM ---
--- Quote from: Kandrase on August 28, 2018, 10:37:38 PM ---

--- End quote ---

They should schedule Mount Union instead of these non scholarship d1s like butler. Similar... likely better level of competition and they are just down the road so more of a local game.

--- End quote ---

Oh come on. Butler would smack Mount Union around. Same crap every year. Our schedules have been excellent for years now. This year we have the second-best (preseason) team in the Big-12, and 6 top-25 teams from our own level. What more do you want and still make the post-season?

--- End quote ---

I agree, same crap year after year. You have explained this time and time again. If you are a YSU fan you will be at every game no matter who they play, plain and simple.

penguinpower:
It is still a garbage game.  NDSU opens with CalPoly I think.  We should be playing full fcs scholarship teams.  I will never agree with the pussified scheduling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version