YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

OL

(1/2) > >>

penguinpower:
Haven't posted in a while.  Hello everyone, especially Wick and Pete on a stick (ysugo and I touch base via phone).

When is Bricillo going to be held accountable for the poor recruiting on the OL?  We made it to the championship game with Wolford's OL and he was especially good at recruiting that position because he played the game at that position.  We shouldn't be in this situation this many years in under Pelini.  Bricillo needs to do his damn job.  We should have depth here and it needs to be the #1 or #2 strength of the team to compete for a title.  WTF?

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on August 15, 2018, 06:27:16 PM ---Haven't posted in a while.  Hello everyone, especially Wick and Pete on a stick (ysugo and I touch base via phone).

When is Bricillo going to be held accountable for the poor recruiting on the OL?  We made it to the championship game with Wolford's OL and he was especially good at recruiting that position because he played the game at that position.  We shouldn't be in this situation this many years in under Pelini.  Bricillo needs to do his damn job.  We should have depth here and it needs to be the #1 or #2 strength of the team to compete for a title.  WTF?

--- End quote ---

Very much agreed.

IAA Fan:
You know, I said last year that I will give him another year, as so much happened ...injuries & quality graduating class, new HC & now the loss of the OC, but I certainly agree with you both. Coach P seems to be changing the offense and is a skills guy. We are used to Tressel, Heacock and Wolford, all running at least 2-deep in the lines (Although Wolf did not do this on the D side as Tressel and Heacock did). Depth looks like the biggest issue. No experience.

Let's look at Guard first (assuming everyone is still around): Wiggins & Zinni have experience for a season, with Creek and Sharp seeing limited action (2 & 4 games respectively). Baldwin comes in with the skills from the Big-12, but no real experience. I think the bodies are in place, just not experienced. Coach Carm seems to have the tools in this position.

YSUGO:
Time for him to go! It’s been excuse after excuse. We have lost size and length since we lost Wolford.  His was looking to recruit the upper mid west because of the size of the lineman locally and in PA.  It’s too bad he had such a bad defense.  He could recruit real D1 kids.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on August 16, 2018, 07:17:18 PM ---Time for him to go! It’s been excuse after excuse. We have lost size and length since we lost Wolford.  His was looking to recruit the upper mid west because of the size of the lineman locally and in PA.  It’s too bad he had such a bad defense.  He could recruit real D1 kids.

--- End quote ---

Wolf was an OL guru. Bricillo hasn't done squat without him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version