YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Farrell grad climbing depth chart

<< < (2/2)

go guins:

--- Quote from: Double ET on August 14, 2018, 08:53:13 AM ---Put him in as full back along with either McCaster or Turner to give a 2 back look.

--- End quote ---
maybe on 3rd and 1, but we live in a "spread" world.  that look is gone the way of the wing-T, Single wing, and Wishbone. 

Double ET:

--- Quote from: go guins on August 14, 2018, 11:06:52 AM ---
--- Quote from: Double ET on August 14, 2018, 08:53:13 AM ---Put him in as full back along with either McCaster or Turner to give a 2 back look.

--- End quote ---
maybe on 3rd and 1, but we live in a "spread" world.  that look is gone the way of the wing-T, Single wing, and Wishbone.

--- End quote ---

Still remember watching my 1st YU football game in my freshman year in 1966. That darn side saddle T...

go guins:

--- Quote from: Double ET on August 14, 2018, 11:18:31 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Still remember watching my 1st YU football game in my freshman year in 1966. That darn side saddle T...

--- End quote ---
Dike was still using that when I was a freshman in 1967.  Never saw anybody else before or since snap the ball that way!  BTW,  as noted, you started at YU, but I started at YSU.  My first quarter (you started on semesters) it became YSU.  Still had the old army barracks West Hall, the old Rayen High School, Never forget a calculus class in the basement of that old Clinglian Waddle Hall.  The PITS.  What's the line, "we've come a long way baby!"

Double ET:

--- Quote from: go guins on August 14, 2018, 12:29:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: Double ET on August 14, 2018, 11:18:31 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Dike was still using that when I was a freshman in 1967.  Never saw anybody else before or since snap the ball that way!  BTW,  as noted, you started at YU, but I started at YSU.  My first quarter (you started on semesters) it became YSU.  Still had the old army barracks West Hall, the old Rayen High School, Never forget a calculus class in the basement of that old Clinglian Waddle Hall.  The PITS.  What's the line, "we've come a long way baby!"

--- End quote ---

Yip. I had several classes in the basement of cling-waddle hall. What a dive! Could you imagine touring our perspective students through that place on the campus visit?
I got lucky. The second year I started in the brand new engineering building.
I still remember when the Jaw was a freshman and Dike put him in as a half back. The entire coaching staff of the oppositions team screamed "option pass".

go guins:

[/quote]

Yip. I had several classes in the basement of cling-waddle hall. What a dive! Could you imagine touring our perspective students through that place on the campus visit?
I got lucky. The second year I started in the brand new engineering building.
I still remember when the Jaw was a freshman and Dike put him in as a half back. The entire coaching staff of the oppositions team screamed "option pass".
[/quote]
Had an English class with Willy Teague.  Really nice guy, maybe not the sharpest tack in the cushion, but a genuinely nice person.  Willy and John McElroy at old Struthers Field House, good basketball, but what a dump.
We had Dike Beede in football and Dom Rosselli in men's BB, the 2 shortest coaches in coaching! I remember Dom looking up at Will and yelling at him, and me thinking, if Teague ever had enough he could squash Rosselli like a bug! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version