YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Fall Camp Has Started

<< < (13/14) > >>

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on August 23, 2018, 05:33:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on August 22, 2018, 05:59:57 PM ---VanGorder is better than Mays. Simple as that.

--- End quote ---

I honestly feel the other way around & I do not think there was anyone on the team that expected VanGorder to start after spring. Mays has been far more consistent & has starting experience; but he has yet to show any "flash", as VG has done. However, flash will not give VG the starting nod, an injured Mays will.

--- End quote ---

Well Mays has nerve damage so he's not playing.

ytownchief22:
Jakkar Jackson, a DB transfer from Central Michigan has joined the team. 2 star recruit out of high school with a bunch of MAC offers. Has 3 years of eligibility left.

Wick250:
Assuming his high school ranking is substance and not just hype, he should be a welcome addition.  I wonder if he has experience at safety?  He should be able to contribute by the Western Illinois game.

go guins:
As an aside comment, I have a friend that HATES the "make up" names parents give kids these days. But it does make checking player on highlight websites like HUDL much easier.  You do check Bob Jones you fine 45 different ones but only 1 Jakkar Jackson!

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on August 24, 2018, 11:37:23 AM ---Assuming his high school ranking is substance and not just hype, he should be a welcome addition.  I wonder if he has experience at safety?  He should be able to contribute by the Western Illinois game.

--- End quote ---

He has played safety before. I expect him to play regularly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version