YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Fall Camp Has Started

<< < (10/14) > >>

Wick250:
The moment that YSU accepted VanGorder's transfer, it was obvious that he was going to play.  Perhaps not start, but play significantly.  The injury to Mays just accelerated that process.

The new redshirt rule is both an opportunity and a challenge.  Coaches must be very wise in their use of it.  For example, if Cunningham is deemed to be our quarterback of the future, do you give him playing time in the easy games in September, or hold him back for the second part of the conference schedule if disaster strikes our quarterbacks....again.  Tough call.  I say play him once early and keep three appearances "in the bank." 

ytownchief22:
Cunningham "may" be the guy for the future, I'm not sold yet. Craycraft has out played him and is still #3 on the depth chart for now. O-Line was my biggest concern going into camp, but I think the D as a whole has surpassed them. With all these injuries, you have 2 guys STARTING at safety for the very first time in their careers. Pass rushers are banged up a little. Count me as skeptical....

YSUGO:
It just bothers me that if Van Gorder is our starter that we will be in the same boat again next year.  With all these injuries this could be a long year.  I hope not

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on August 19, 2018, 11:26:04 PM ---It just bothers me that if Van Gorder is our starter that we will be in the same boat again next year.  With all these injuries this could be a long year.  I hope not

--- End quote ---

Doesn't bother me one bit. He's the best QB on the roster. Blame Montgomery or Bo for not being able to recruit well.

go guins:
Many "training camp" injuries aren't as serious and "regular season" injuries, and "playoff" injuries are the worst.
Let's see in a couple weeks in WVU who is where.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version