YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Lack of Early Football Excitement

<< < (5/10) > >>

YSU1:
espn3 hurts our attendance especially for out of towners.  I would rather watch the game on the computer rather than drive 3 hours round trip. 

Penguin Nick:
go guins stated:
"Yes, I am saying split what is now officially FBS into two.  The powder 5 conferences, and everyone else currently in FBS.  IE. the MAC the Mountain West etc.  That would allow the remaining FBS teams to lower expenses because they are not pretending to play on the level of the Power 5.  And I YSU definitely do NOT want to move up to that either.  We are barely able to maintain where we are now.   

Two comments:  1st, the Mountain West and American Athletic Conferences are far more aligned with the so-called Power 5 than the weaker FBS conferences (MAC, Sunbelt).  There is no comparison.  Boise State, U. of Houston and Cincinnati (for example) consider themselves big time and do not relate to the MAC/Sunbelt, etc.).

Secondly, your solution basically already exists - it's called 1AA...now you want to have 3 divisions, which I do not think makes any sense.   

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nick on July 18, 2018, 02:08:23 PM ---go guins stated:
"Yes, I am saying split what is now officially FBS into two.  The powder 5 conferences, and everyone else currently in FBS.  IE. the MAC the Mountain West etc.  That would allow the remaining FBS teams to lower expenses because they are not pretending to play on the level of the Power 5.  And I YSU definitely do NOT want to move up to that either.  We are barely able to maintain where we are now.   

Two comments:  1st, the Mountain West and American Athletic Conferences are far more aligned with the so-called Power 5 than the weaker FBS conferences (MAC, Sunbelt).  There is no comparison.  Boise State, U. of Houston and Cincinnati (for example) consider themselves big time and do not relate to the MAC/Sunbelt, etc.).

Secondly, your solution basically already exists - it's called 1AA...now you want to have 3 divisions, which I do not think makes any sense.   

--- End quote ---

FCS ;)

go guins:
While I appreciate Penguin Nick's efforts to start any discussion, even if it is the old, time-worn YSU to MAC that we have been over a dozen times in the last few years, THIS IS BS AND WE ALL KNOW IT!!
WHEN DOES FALL CAMP START???

The YO Show:
Has to be soon considering the season is 43 days away! (or really 42 days and like 1.5 hours haha)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version