YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Baseball Tourney

<< < (2/3) > >>

ytownchief22:
Irrelevant program until there's a baseball stadium on campus.

IAA Fan:
68, you are correct. They must still have some of last year's stats up in spots or something. But the game logs and season logs show exactly what you said.
http://www.ysusports.com/sports/bsb/2017-18/bios/dunham_greg_r24p?view=gamelog&pos=p

Good info on the bats Penquin68, I would like to read up on these changes. I was reading that the number of home-runs in college ball has increased quite a bit since they moved to the MLB-style ball back in 2015. I know that many pitchers do not like the flattened seams, as they do not get as much play and argue that this is the primary reason for the increase in home-runs. the manufacturers and league says it is the decrease in drag. I bet there is truth to both of these.

I am not sure I agree with you Chief. Our facility is impressive and the conference used to showcase it. In fact I would not mind a more close association with the Tribe, as long as it is legal. In favor of an on-campus stadium ...With both the regional and supers on-campus of participants, there is no reason to have that large of a stadium. It is never full. I do like the way an on-campus stadium will impact the landscape of the university.

We talk about the MAC a great deal, but we would have to bring our level of play up quite a bit to compete in baseball.

Penquin68:
Since I was a student at YSU back in the day, I always wanted an on campus baseball facility.  In fact it was in a YSU master plan back in the 70's as I recall.  However not sure it is feasible today.  The new scoreboard and upgraded internet access at Eastwood this coming year will give YSU a really top notch facility we could never afford on campus. I don't like the distance to Eastwood for games, but with money tight, I can't see us building an on campus facility.  The new on campus facilities on entirely turf including batters box and base paths so one can play in the early spring.  Expensive I think.  And I don't think there would be much use of the facility other than YSU due to high rental costs. So as much as I like the idea, it is too costly to work.   Just like us getting in the MAC, just to expensive for YSU and Youngstown today. 

ucfpengbuck:
Drop baseball for a wrestling program !

Penquin68:
Wrestling is fine for sure, but not nearly as popular locally as baseball.  I wish we could have all sports, but financially and Title 9, not possible.  I fear baseball could be dropped due it being a men's sport with 35 players. Much easier for YSU to field a men's soccer team with facilities right on campus etc. and cheaper to fund.  And with Cleveland State and Akron dropping baseball, it is easy to see it is vulnerable. Hope baseball can stay for me personally. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version