YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Baseball Tourney

<< < (3/3)

YSUGO:
This would all change if they had 2 different divisions for Div 1 non revenue sports.  The economics of it is a no brainer.  Plus, it would give the kids a chance at something attainable. I don’t want to hear I want to beat the best BS.  If it’s good enough for HS sports it good enough for college.

ysuhoops24:

--- Quote from: Penquin68 on May 26, 2018, 12:57:24 PM ---Wrestling is fine for sure, but not nearly as popular locally as baseball.  I wish we could have all sports, but financially and Title 9, not possible.  I fear baseball could be dropped due it being a men's sport with 35 players. Much easier for YSU to field a men's soccer team with facilities right on campus etc. and cheaper to fund.  And with Cleveland State and Akron dropping baseball, it is easy to see it is vulnerable. Hope baseball can stay for me personally.

--- End quote ---

2 flaws in your statement.
1st, Akron is bringing baseball back.
2nd, high school wrestling matches are outdrawing high school basketball games at many schools around this area, let alone outdrawing high school baseball games.  NE Ohio has some of the best high school wrestling in the nation, and Ohio and PA has become a recruiting hotbed. 

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on May 28, 2018, 05:15:16 PM ---This would all change if they had 2 different divisions for Div 1 non revenue sports.  The economics of it is a no brainer.  Plus, it would give the kids a chance at something attainable. I don’t want to hear I want to beat the best BS.  If it’s good enough for HS sports it good enough for college.

--- End quote ---

Nope. Will never happen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version