YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

OSU grad QB to transfer

<< < (2/6) > >>

ytowngirl:

--- Quote from: Double ET on May 08, 2018, 07:51:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on May 08, 2018, 06:58:29 PM ---He doesn't have to sit out a year since he graduated.  Wish he was coming but probably no fcs.

--- End quote ---
I thought we had already gotten the ND transfer under similar circumstances. I don't think we need another one and done.

--- End quote ---

He has 2 years of eligibility left.  He's a redshirt junior.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytowngirl on May 09, 2018, 05:36:01 PM ---lol why would he come to YSU?

--- End quote ---
Big recruit at the time for OSU, but obviously can't play at that level.  VanGorder was the same at ND.  He held for kicks at ND for his career.  Some guys can play at 1A, some only 1AA.  Some of the hot-shot transfers from 1A can't even play at 1AA.  I think our "hit" list is about 50/50.  Guys like Avery Moss have been a BIG help, but guys like Luis Irizarry not much at all.  I doubt very much Burrow would come to YSU, but right now we have all our eggs in the basket of the ND place kick holder.  Kind of scary.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: go guins on May 10, 2018, 08:42:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytowngirl on May 09, 2018, 05:36:01 PM ---lol why would he come to YSU?

--- End quote ---
Big recruit at the time for OSU, but obviously can't play at that level.  VanGorder was the same at ND.  He held for kicks at ND for his career.  Some guys can play at 1A, some only 1AA.  Some of the hot-shot transfers from 1A can't even play at 1AA.  I think our "hit" list is about 50/50.  Guys like Avery Moss have been a BIG help, but guys like Luis Irizarry not much at all.  I doubt very much Burrow would come to YSU, but right now we have all our eggs in the basket of the ND place kick holder.  Kind of scary.

--- End quote ---

All reports out of Cbus are that Burrow was actually better in practice than Haskins but the injury set him back and Haskins never looked back. Burrow is going to another big time program. Zero chance he ends up here.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on May 10, 2018, 11:00:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on May 10, 2018, 08:42:21 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

All reports out of Cbus are that Burrow was actually better in practice than Haskins but the injury set him back and Haskins never looked back. Burrow is going to another big time program. Zero chance he ends up here.

--- End quote ---
That's fine he doesn't end up at YSU.  The question was "lol why would he come to YSU?"  My point is, there can be many good reasons.  Why is Durkin at YSU and not in the ACC? Why was Louis Irizary at YSU and not OSU, why was Moss @ YSU the list goes on and on, and there are good reasons for many,  Moss, criminal charges, Alexander drugs.  Hosick injury/ability  Derek Rivers, late bloomer.  I'm just pointing our there are tones of reasons why good players end up at YSU.   When a guy like Carson Wentz goes straight from the MVFC to starting with the Eagles, there is no reason for a good player to avoid 1AA football.  Frankly, I think Burrow may be better off at Nebraska than YSU if he doesn't think he can win the job from VanGorder.

ucfpengbuck:
Burrow was Mr football in Ohio in 2014.  Last year he was the #2 qb until he got hurt.  He looked better than Haskins coming out of the spring game. He's Better than anyone YSU has had since Cliff Stoudt.   I won't be surprised if he's on an NFL roster in the near future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version