YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

OSU grad QB to transfer

<< < (5/6) > >>

ysuguins4:

--- Quote from: go guins on May 10, 2018, 08:42:21 AM ---Big recruit at the time for OSU, but obviously can't play at that level.  VanGorder was the same at ND.
--- End quote ---

Will find out in the next 2 years if he can play at that level.  Can't compare him to VanGorder, because VanGorder never took a snap at ND.  Burrow was JT's primary backup in 16, and completed 22 of 28 passes at mop up time in 6 games.  Last season he was 7 of 11 in 4 games, after Haskins moved ahead of him when he broke his hand.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on May 15, 2018, 12:56:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on May 10, 2018, 08:42:21 AM ---Big recruit at the time for OSU, but obviously can't play at that level.  VanGorder was the same at ND.
--- End quote ---

Will find out in the next 2 years if he can play at that level.  Can't compare him to VanGorder, because VanGorder never took a snap at ND.  Burrow was JT's primary backup in 16, and completed 22 of 28 passes at mop up time in 6 games.  Last season he was 7 of 11 in 4 games, after Haskins moved ahead of him when he broke his hand.

--- End quote ---
I'm sorry, but I don't see any difference in Burrow's 26 "mop up" passes and VanGorder's dozens of snaps (not -0- as you note) at ND.  Neither mean a damn thing.  They are equal in assessing the player, as they contribute nothing.
We'll see with Monty at YSU and maybe Burrow at LSU? 

edpuskas:

--- Quote from: go guins on May 15, 2018, 02:24:17 PM ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I'm sorry, but I don't see any difference in Burrow's 26 "mop up" passes and VanGorder's dozens of snaps (not -0- as you note) at ND.  Neither mean a damn thing.  They are equal in assessing the player, as they contribute nothing.

--- End quote ---
Dozens of snaps as a holder. MVG compiled no statistics as a QB at Notre Dame. Never threw a pass. Never ran the ball. His bio says he played in one game as a reserve QB in 2016. Maybe he handed off a few times or was sent in to take a knee at the end of a game.

ValleyTalk:

--- Quote from: go guins on May 15, 2018, 02:24:17 PM ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

ytownchief22:
It's a wonder why many have left this board... lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version