YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Off to Gainesville, Penguins Draw Defending Champs Gators In NCAA Regionals

<< < (2/4) > >>

Penguin Nick:
They do...it's called Division II.  If you all get the same amount of scholarships then you all play for the same prize.  It's not like that in Div. 1 football, hence FBS & FCD.

IAA Fan:
I find it ironic that we are back to talking about things the way the used to be. It was in 1978 that the NCAA made a rule that schools will participate at the same division-level  for all sports. It was at this time that they added and Division I-AA for football-only. In addition they added two club-level DI football conferences. Many called this I-AAA, but I never remember their being a 3rd DI football conference. Then in 1979, they allowed schools/conferences a chance to change at the division level without the traditional cost & time normally associated ... this is when YSU/OVC  moved. Prior to this, schools participated in a division for each sport. Dayton made the Sweet-16 in the DI NCAA and won the D-III national football championship in the same year.

go guins:
What we need is 1-AA football, baseball, basketballs, softball, track, tennis etc.  Then we need to find a conference the best addresses our needs and join it.  The operative term is "A" conference.  That being said, I doubt it will happen.  Too much greed at the NCAA to actually look out for there member institutions. 

Penquin68:
I agree.  We need 1-AA in all sports to give our athletes a competitive chance.  The Butler run a few years back and Loyola this year are very rare indeed.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: Penquin68 on May 07, 2018, 03:15:33 PM ---I agree.  We need 1-AA in all sports to give our athletes a competitive chance.  The Butler run a few years back and Loyola this year are very rare indeed.

--- End quote ---

Nah. If anything it's easier now a days for a smaller school to make a run in the NCAA tourney. We've seen more and more the last few years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version