YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Off to Gainesville, Penguins Draw Defending Champs Gators In NCAA Regionals

<< < (3/4) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on May 07, 2018, 07:36:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: Penquin68 on May 07, 2018, 03:15:33 PM ---I agree.  We need 1-AA in all sports to give our athletes a competitive chance.  The Butler run a few years back and Loyola this year are very rare indeed.

--- End quote ---

Nah. If anything it's easier now a days for a smaller school to make a run in the NCAA tourney. We've seen more and more the last few years.

--- End quote ---
I don't see that?  Yes you have a Butler once in a while, but you always did (Texas Western) 
Given a 1-AA all sports program YSU men's and women's programs in BB, track, tennis, golf, all can make it to the tournament and in some cases actually compete for championships just like 1-AA football.  That just isn't the case now.

Penguin Nick:
I want to play with THE BEST period.  I'd rather see the YSU tennis team play Florida (and most likely get beat) than play in some-watered down championship that means absolutely nothing. 

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: go guins on May 08, 2018, 09:26:51 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on May 07, 2018, 07:36:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: Penquin68 on May 07, 2018, 03:15:33 PM ---I agree.  We need 1-AA in all sports to give our athletes a competitive chance.  The Butler run a few years back and Loyola this year are very rare indeed.

--- End quote ---

Nah. If anything it's easier now a days for a smaller school to make a run in the NCAA tourney. We've seen more and more the last few years.

--- End quote ---
I don't see that?  Yes you have a Butler once in a while, but you always did (Texas Western) 
Given a 1-AA all sports program YSU men's and women's programs in BB, track, tennis, golf, all can make it to the tournament and in some cases actually compete for championships just like 1-AA football.  That just isn't the case now.

--- End quote ---

George Mason, VCU, Butler, Loyola, Davidson, Wichita, FGCU. Hell even Kent and Ohio have made deep runs in the past 10 years. Don't tell me YSU can't do that.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nick on May 08, 2018, 09:39:19 AM ---I want to play with THE BEST period.  I'd rather see the YSU tennis team play Florida (and most likely get beat) than play in some-watered down championship that means absolutely nothing.

--- End quote ---

Amen.

YSUGO:
In non revenue sports it makes sense. But if you feel fcs is watered do we then you are saying that fcs football is watered down.  Kinda stupid to send a tennis team made up maybe with 3 scholarships total for the whole team to share than playing an SEC school with what double or more in scholarships and coaches.  Plain stupid. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version