YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Eastern Michigan University budget woes prompt cutting of 4 sports programs

<< < (5/7) > >>

YSUGO:
Akron was in a bowl game last year. Yea they got there ass kicked but they got exposure and if you think they would drop football after that really?. 

guinpen:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on April 06, 2018, 09:05:23 PM ---Akron was in a bowl game last year. Yea they got there a$$ kicked but they got exposure and if you think they would drop football after that really?.

--- End quote ---

Yeah must have been the Toilet Bowl. As far as the exposure they got, I guess I missed it. Really did not see that they were in a bowl game.

YSU1:
With the population shrinking in the Youngstown area, YSU will never have enough support to move up to the FBS.  We are closer to being D-2 than FBS.  Football is not what it was in the 90's and basketball is way below average.  It is what it is.  Even if both sports were promoted people will not attend.  The older loyal supporters are dying off and they have not been replaced.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: YSU1 on April 07, 2018, 02:29:06 PM ---With the population shrinking in the Youngstown area, YSU will never have enough support to move up to the FBS.  We are closer to being D-2 than FBS.  Football is not what it was in the 90's and basketball is way below average.  It is what it is.  Even if both sports were promoted people will not attend.  The older loyal supporters are dying off and they have not been replaced.

--- End quote ---

Very true statement.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: YSU1 on April 07, 2018, 02:29:06 PM ---With the population shrinking in the Youngstown area, YSU will never have enough support to move up to the FBS.  We are closer to being D-2 than FBS.  Football is not what it was in the 90's and basketball is way below average.  It is what it is.  Even if both sports were promoted people will not attend.  The older loyal supporters are dying off and they have not been replaced.

--- End quote ---

I am fine staying in 1AA, I do not care for the league we are in. It started out ok but with WKU gone and the addition of the teams west of the Mississippi my interest in the league has waned. We all know that new league options are limited.

I think fans would respond better if we were playing some OHIO schools ( at 1AA ) but even then sellouts would be rare if ever again.

I think we have a chance to do something in BB yea the league now sucks, but the upside is that is will be easier for us to make the dance

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version