YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Eastern Michigan University budget woes prompt cutting of 4 sports programs

<< < (3/7) > >>

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on March 31, 2018, 12:12:41 PM ---Unless the MAC becomes an FCS conference, which I think is completely reasonable from a financial perspective but these schools alumni’s pride won’t let that happen.

--- End quote ---

You are correct

guinpen:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on March 31, 2018, 01:59:09 PM ---The two YSU points for me are:

1. This is the 3rd MAC school with faculty, staff (now students) crying to drop football. YSU faculty has their athletic hating faculty like all academic institutions, but you don't hear all the screaming to drop football.

--- End quote ---

Do you mean actually drop football or to drop down a division.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on April 01, 2018, 09:04:43 AM ---I laugh at how we still act like YSU is way to good to be a MAC member.  News flash:  The MAC is not going to break up. 

--- End quote ---

Not sure if it will be a break-up but sooner or later the mac will be forced ( by money ) to make some changes

YSUGO:
The only changes that will be made is the lesser sports will be dropped or budgets reduced.  Football rules the roost and till the NCAA says nothing changes.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: guinpen on April 02, 2018, 09:28:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on March 31, 2018, 01:59:09 PM ---The two YSU points for me are:

1. This is the 3rd MAC school with faculty, staff (now students) crying to drop football. YSU faculty has their athletic hating faculty like all academic institutions, but you don't hear all the screaming to drop football.

--- End quote ---

Do you mean actually drop football or to drop down a division.

--- End quote ---

to actually drop the sport. kent, akron, buffalo and now emu

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version