YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Basketball schedule next year

<< < (4/12) > >>

ytownchief22:
Calhoun is the right man leading the program. He's trying to change a culture that's never been relevant. Winning cures a lot, yes. But you need money games when you are mid major university like ours.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 05, 2018, 01:34:51 PM ---Calhoun is the right man leading the program. He's trying to change a culture that's never been relevant. Winning cures a lot, yes. But you need money games when you are mid major university like ours.

--- End quote ---
I agree that Calhoun is the right guy at the right time. and yes you need money, but it isn't ordained that MBB has to fund improvements to the facilities is it?   Does the school of business need to raise their own money for the Williamson School?  Did MBB pay for the Schottenstein Center at OSU?  Hint...it wouldn't be called the Schottenstein Center if they had!
Apparently the university does not see this program as important and I would disagree with them.  Who has to earn their own money other than MMB and FB?   Frankly, MBB can get a stud or 2 and compete with a number of major programs, but we have never had that stud since 1903 so wishing seems kind of hollow to me.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: go guins on March 05, 2018, 01:52:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 05, 2018, 01:34:51 PM ---Calhoun is the right man leading the program. He's trying to change a culture that's never been relevant. Winning cures a lot, yes. But you need money games when you are mid major university like ours.

--- End quote ---
I agree that Calhoun is the right guy at the right time. and yes you need money, but it isn't ordained that MBB has to fund improvements to the facilities is it?   Does the school of business need to raise their own money for the Williamson School?  Did MBB pay for the Schottenstein Center at OSU?  Hint...it wouldn't be called the Schottenstein Center if they had!
Apparently the university does not see this program as important and I would disagree with them.  Who has to earn their own money other than MMB and FB?   Frankly, MBB can get a stud or 2 and compete with a number of major programs, but we have never had that stud since 1903 so wishing seems kind of hollow to me.

--- End quote ---

In mid major athletics, you have to play money games to raise funds for things. Unless you have boosters and donors that donate millions of dollars. Which we don't have. It's just how it is. I do know Calhoun wants to renovate Beeghly and replacing the bleachers is apart of that.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 05, 2018, 01:59:31 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

In mid major athletics, you have to play money games to raise funds for things. Unless you have boosters and donors that donate millions of dollars. Which we don't have. It's just how it is. I do know Calhoun wants to renovate Beeghly and replacing the bleachers is apart of that.

--- End quote ---
I hear you, but I don't see evidence of it.  I see the Covelli Sports Complex, the Don Constantini Multimedia Center the Williamson School of Business, the new Student Success Center. and others.  Those are the programs the administration sees as important and where the administration has "guided" the donations.  It is obvious that included on that list is NOT MBB and Beeghley Center.
We have balanced the budget, doubled the endowment and spent -0- developing Beeghley.  Facts are.......

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: go guins on March 05, 2018, 02:16:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 05, 2018, 01:59:31 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I hear you, but I don't see evidence of it.  I see the Covelli Sports Complex, the Don Constantini Multimedia Center the Williamson School of Business, the new Student Success Center. and others.  Those are the programs the administration sees as important and where the administration has "guided" the donations.  It is obvious that included on that list is NOT MBB and Beeghley Center.
We have balanced the budget, doubled the endowment and spent -0- developing Beeghley.  Facts are.......

--- End quote ---

Welp that would fall on Mr. Strollo's shoulders... Good luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version