YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Spring Practice

<< < (2/14) > >>

Double ET:

--- Quote from: go guins on February 13, 2018, 01:08:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on February 13, 2018, 12:44:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytowngirl on February 12, 2018, 07:04:10 PM ---Did we lose anyone?
--- End quote ---

Only ones not on the spring roster that saw regular playing time last year are Isiah Scott and Jeff Rotheram.  Anyone know if these guys are done, or just not participating in spring drills?

--- End quote ---
I haven't a clue, but both came to YSU with reps much brighter than their performance so far, and both play positions that have been HIGHLY recruited this class?

--- End quote ---

I asked myself the same question when I read the Vindy or Trib special article on the team couple of weeks ago. In the WR position, a list of receivers was mentioned. Scott was not listed.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: ytowngirl on February 12, 2018, 07:04:10 PM ---Did we lose anyone?

--- End quote ---

Nobody of importance.

ytownchief22:
Finally an article up on Vindy about the football team with a new reporter I've never heard of before ? The QB situation will be interesting. I think VanGorder still wins it.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 15, 2018, 12:37:12 PM ---Finally an article up on Vindy about the football team with a new reporter I've never heard of before ? The QB situation will be interesting. I think VanGorder still wins it.

--- End quote ---
Vindy goes from negative coverage on most things YSU, to no coverage for spring football.  This is about time!

There is a BOB ETTINGER that writes for the Warren Tribune.  I am HUGE NCIS fan and so obviously I go with Gibb's rule #39 "There is no such thing as coincidence."   Doesn't seem likely there are 2 Bob Ettinger's writing, one for each paper?

IAA Fan:
I noticed both of those recent Vindy staff changes Chief ...Brian DZENIS and Bob Ettinger. It is nice to see what looks like expanded coverage. I am heading up to watch some practices and will report in. I can see VanGorder taking the reigns if the goal is to get to Craycraft a year earlier. I know that both Pelini and Montgomery are (were) high on Craycraft. However, I still think Mays has earned it and he is a good QB. He has increased his mobility, but clearly both Craycraft and VanGorder seem a bit more mobile. However, I really feel that with 2 more healthy bodies up front, Mays can take this team as far as anyone else. He works equally well back or under center. Size is good. Knowledge has really improved over his 5 or 6 games last year.

That being said, new head on offense can make a big difference, but I do not see big changes on offense, what we have had works at just over 35ppg average. It looks like we have two coordinators on offense, with Crist at OC and coach Carm is run-game coordinator. I also see where Chris Parry (from McKinley) is a volunteer coach. I wonder what he has been doing over the last few years, did he play any college ball?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version