YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Spring Practice

<< < (8/14) > >>

ytownchief22:
VanGorder will be the starter. He didn't come here to sit. Farrar, Mallory, Braswell and St. Surin will probably be your WR's who see the most playing time. Hawkins and Durkin at TE. OL needs a ton of work from what I hear.

IAA Fan:
Well if we are going with a 1-year guy, at QB, then it is what it is. Not very happy about it, but I am not the coach. I was very upset with coach Carm, our line depth, last year. However, we have been stellar up front for quite a while so I am the kind of guy that would rather use him, to fix the problem, than lose him. However I will not be so kind if we continue to have issues in 2018. I will wait and see.

go guins:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on February 23, 2018, 03:29:02 PM ---No Spring game from what I hear.  QB from ND playing really well.  Still some concern about offensive linemen. Hoping to find a transfer.

--- End quote ---
Don't we have a couple JUCO guys that aren't here yet?

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: go guins on February 26, 2018, 09:01:11 AM ---
--- Quote from: YSUGO on February 23, 2018, 03:29:02 PM ---No Spring game from what I hear.  QB from ND playing really well.  Still some concern about offensive linemen. Hoping to find a transfer.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Finamore and Yoboue aren't here.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 26, 2018, 09:21:44 AM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on February 26, 2018, 09:01:11 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Finamore and Yoboue aren't here.

--- End quote ---
Your concern about the OL mimics mine.  I think this team is a contender with either QB, IF the OL jells and plays effectively.  Tackles are a huge concern, and we don't know if either Finamore or Yoboue can play.  They are BIG enough, that's for sure, but that is far from the only question.
Jeff Rotherman leaving the program (nobody has mentioned why, injury etc?) is a blow no matter what.  We are going to be VERY thin at OT, regardless.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version