YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Spring Practice

<< < (5/14) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 19, 2018, 01:24:52 PM ---They've been splitting reps with 1st team. In other news, I believe Richmond is going to be a starter at DE next year with Reed. He's a beast.

--- End quote ---
That is the way to handle the reps if it is an honest competition.  Looking forward to 1AA's days in practice for feedback on who looks the best, noting that who looks best in Spring Ball means virtually NOTHING!
I believe what you say about Richmond, unfortunately, maybe in more ways that one!   
Frankly you need at LEAST a 3 man rotation at DE and Johnson is solid too.  More important is who plays 3rd down!  I'm also looking forward to seeing RFr Cook at DE.  In Rivals I believe he is the highest rated Pelini recruit since coming to YSU.

Penguin Ice:

--- Quote from: go guins on February 19, 2018, 01:56:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 19, 2018, 01:24:52 PM ---They've been splitting reps with 1st team. In other news, I believe Richmond is going to be a starter at DE next year with Reed. He's a beast.

--- End quote ---
That is the way to handle the reps if it is an honest competition.  Looking forward to 1AA's days in practice for feedback on who looks the best, noting that who looks best in Spring Ball means virtually NOTHING!
I believe what you say about Richmond, unfortunately, maybe in more ways that one!   
Frankly you need at LEAST a 3 man rotation at DE and Johnson is solid too.  More important is who plays 3rd down!  I'm also looking forward to seeing RFr Cook at DE.  In Rivals I believe he is the highest rated Pelini recruit since coming to YSU.

--- End quote ---

Cook was a three star recruit.  He was ranked at .80 from 247
Pollock was a three star recruit. He transferred in from Rutgers. He was ranked at .83 from 247
I’m sure there are guys ranked higher than those 2.

ytownchief22:
Competition is very high this year. Lots of talented kids fighting for starting spots. This team has real good depth.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Penguin Ice on February 19, 2018, 02:39:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on February 19, 2018, 01:56:33 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Cook was a three star recruit.  He was ranked at .80 from 247
Pollock was a three star recruit. He transferred in from Rutgers. He was ranked at .83 from 247
I’m sure there are guys ranked higher than those 2.

--- End quote ---
In terms of HS recruits, I think Cook is Pelini's #1   Pollock was not a YSU HS recruit, neither was Reed, Alexander or Moss. 

ytownchief22:
Pollock has announced he is retiring from football with a medical hardship due to several torn hamstrings. Unfortunate for the young man.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version