YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Spring Practice

<< < (4/14) > >>

ytownchief22:
We lost games because of Mays inability to see and read plays and make throws and incompetent OC. Let's hope things are turned around this year.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 16, 2018, 02:34:11 PM ---We lost games because of Mays inability to see and read plays and make throws and incompetent OC. Let's hope things are turned around this year.

--- End quote ---

If you list all the reasons we lost games, the QB is pretty much at the bottom of the list ... and that only because of the inconsistency created; not ability. Mays made drastic improvements last year under the tutelage of a terrific OC. We can only hope Crist picked up a few things.

Here are a few reasons that everyone saw:

No larger deep-visioned TB
No depth up front
Carl went back to his infamous creeping secondary
Bo's focus on local-first recruiting, which is why we still have to bring in so many JUCO's. He only get's one more year, then I better start seeing some depth.

You just want to continue trashing the name Montgomery, but stats are open to anyone that wishes to see them and if read there is not a sane person in the house that would not want Montgomery back. Then we can talk about why we were not able to replace him.

go guins:
You can certainly count on a few things on this blog.  Chief trashing Montgomery and 1AA rushing to his defense. Monty here or not here, with QB or without QB, score 45 and give up 48, it doesn't make any difference, according to chief it's all Shane's fault.  On the other hand, we have had some games when I thought they put all the plays on slips of paper, dropped them in a helmet and drew each play 100% at random, but according to 1AA, Monty never made a bad call.
I'm glad Montgomery is gone just to stop the same old bickering over and over and over!
If there was a unit that cost us a playoff spot and another run at a championship, it was the OL.  Last year we recruited 3 OL, this year, with 3 inside returning starters and both tackle backups returning (although it appears Jeff Rotheram is MIA?) , we recruited 1 freshman and 3 JUCO transfers.  THEY know where this problem is too!  For me, the weakness in the coaching staff it with Carmen Bricillo and the OL.  Everybody wants to take shots at Monty, or Pelini Bo and or Carl etc, but in 9 years Bricillo has produced 1, just one 1st team MVFC OT.  That was Justin Spencer in 2017 and I though he played significantly less effectively in 2017 than 2016.  I also though Vitas Hrynkiewicz and guard Gavin Wiggins went backward in 2017 from 2016.  We give Bricillo credit for recruiting and JUCO recruiting, it is about time he show something on the field.

go guins:
On the bright side chief, you may still have a "Montgomery" to blame for all YSU offensive woes this season!
Has anybody been to practice to provide some inside into the Mays, vs VanGorder battle?

ytownchief22:
They've been splitting reps with 1st team. In other news, I believe Richmond is going to be a starter at DE next year with Reed. He's a beast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version