YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Ohio Valley

<< < (2/4) > >>

peteonastick:

--- Quote from: ytowngirl on February 08, 2018, 01:24:40 PM ---It maybe closer but what teams would be rivalries?  Still don't get why it's still called Ohio Valley.

--- End quote ---

The original conference had many teams along the Ohio River Valley...EKU, WKU, Morehead, Murray, YSU, etc..thus the Ohio Valley Conference.  The river...not the state.

GO GUINS

guinpen:
Heck would they even want us?

All sports in one conference would be better then the setup we now have. I did not mind the Gateway, teams were kinda close. The western movement for new teams has killed my interest. Hard to get excited about schools on the other side of the river. The Horizon's shining star was MBB and that star has faded away.

First choice for me has always been a new league with all the OH/MI/IN schools now in the mac that should not be.

But since that will not be happening soon, I would be happy in either the Colonial or OVC.

Penguin Nick:
The only conference that I care about, and that the vast majority of fans care about...and that YSU should be in NOW is the Mid-American Conference.

ytownchief22:
Ohio Valley is a step down. MAC will never happen either because of money and because Akron and Kent wont allow it.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nick on February 09, 2018, 09:18:54 AM ---The only conference that I care about, and that the vast majority of fans care about...and that YSU should be in NOW is the Mid-American Conference.

--- End quote ---
And losing our ass the way Akron is?  NO WAY JOSE!  Much more likely they want to go to 1AA than us moving to 1A

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version