YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Ohio Valley

<< < (3/4) > >>

YSUGO:
Akron doesn’t want  go backwards and the MAC doesn’t either.  Playing in the leagues we are in creates no interest for the fans that are left.  Maybe we need to go backwards?

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on February 09, 2018, 11:25:12 AM ---Akron doesn’t want  go backwards and the MAC doesn’t either.  Playing in the leagues we are in creates no interest for the fans that are left.  Maybe we need to go backwards?

--- End quote ---

Financially and competitively the MAC makes much more sense in FCS, put a current MAC team in the MVFC, I’ll bet they struggle to finish top 3 in the conference. I just don’t get why the MAC schools love being little sisters to the poor in FBS, when they could at least have a chance at national relevance in FCS...

Like does making the  “who cares bowl, sponsored by a company you’ve never heard of” bring in enough extra exposure to be worth it.

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on February 09, 2018, 02:34:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUGO on February 09, 2018, 11:25:12 AM ---Akron doesn’t want  go backwards and the MAC doesn’t either.  Playing in the leagues we are in creates no interest for the fans that are left.  Maybe we need to go backwards?

--- End quote ---

Financially and competitively the MAC makes much more sense in FCS, put a current MAC team in the MVFC, I’ll bet they struggle to finish top 3 in the conference. I just don’t get why the MAC schools love being little sisters to the poor in FBS, when they could at least have a chance at national relevance in FCS...

Like does making the  “who cares bowl, sponsored by a company you’ve never heard of” bring in enough extra exposure to be worth it.

--- End quote ---

A member team making a significant bowl game once a decade seems to be enough motivation to keep them all happy.

Surely you all remember the thrilling 2013 Orange Bowl where NIU got hammered 31-10 by FSU? Yeah I get chills just thinking about it.

IAA Fan:
I would be all for the MAC, but not now that they are nothing but mid-week games on STO and ESPN2. I live for my games and tailgating all fall. I experiment with foods and drink, etc. I do not look forward to the idea of taking vacation days to see the games, assuming I can. So I am strongly opposed to any mac move at this point.

guinpen:

--- End quote ---

That's funny, hard for Akron to go backwards when they haven't gone forward yet.

Most people understand what the MAC is, pretenders. A couple of ok teams each year, every now and then a decent team. Most of their teams would not finish in the top 3 of our league.

I really believe that at some point many of the schools will swallow their pride and make a move. No doubt they will try and sell it as a lateral move, but that is fine.

The massive money pit will force their hand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version