YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Ohio Valley

(1/4) > >>

go guins:
It's the dead of winter.  NLI day is over.  Spring football seems a LONG way off and the season really IS a long way off. 
With the Ohio Valley Conference at 9 members and the MVFC going to 11 members, there is no time better to move from the MVFC to the OVC! 
All sports.  More natural rivalries, Less travel,  Lots of good reasons to move.  Only one I can think of to stay.

ytownchief22:
Won't happen.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 08, 2018, 12:28:06 PM ---Won't happen.

--- End quote ---
I didn't say it would happen, but rather, my interest is, do you think it should happen or not and why?

ytowngirl:
It maybe closer but what teams would be rivalries?  Still don't get why it's still called Ohio Valley.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytowngirl on February 08, 2018, 01:24:40 PM ---It maybe closer but what teams would be rivalries?  Still don't get why it's still called Ohio Valley.

--- End quote ---
I see the rivalry aspect coming from playing the same schools in football, MBB, WBB, track, golf softball baseball, etc.  You are members of a conference.  We are one sport, part time guys in football for our affiliates now and it detracts from everything else.
Going forward, since we have added ND, so we have ND, NDSU, SD and SDSU which means 2 trips out to the Dakotas every football season.  For me, give me Jacksonville AL, and a couple trips to Tennessee over a couple trips the ND and SD!  There is a day coming closer every day when Akron and maybe even Kent are going to want to do something too.  They aren't going to do a multi conference thing like the MVFC and the Horizon like us.  We should help pave the way for them!   
Frankly I'd rather be in the Colonial, Ohio Valley or Patriot instead of what we are doing now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version