YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU 80 CSU 77

(1/2) > >>

ucfpengbuck:
Cam Morse with a 3 pointer with .6 to ice it.   1 and 0 in the Horizon.

Hartfield led with 22 points and Tyree Robinson with 14 on 7 of 8 shooting.

Congrats to coach Calhoun with his first D1 win.

IAA Fan:
lost a 16-point lead and then only took 6 shots in a 4:23 dry spell for CSU? Nice to see the free throws late though. Good old Cam clutch shot looked awesome as well.

mudclods:
Was a much needed win...now hopefully we can at least split the 2-game home stand.  Liked the intensity to start off the game.  I knew CSU would go on some runs, but was hoping to at least go in at half up double digits.  Disappointing to let them back in the game at the end after building the lead back up to 9.  Just seemed like YSU lost their intensity, got sloppy with the ball, and took a couple bad shots.  I think it's part of learning how to win. 

Was happy to see YSU hit foul shots & 3 pointers again...and very happy for Cam.  A poor foul shooting effort today would have been a loss.  Even though I hated to see it close at the end, and I was fearing they were going to blow it, sometimes wins like these are important going down the road in league play.  Good to see Naz have strong back to back games.  He's looking more confident.  Thought Tyree & Haygood both played great inside, and both stayed out of foul trouble.         

ytownchief22:
Battle of 2 of the worst teams in D1. Glad we came out on top.

ucfpengbuck:
Coach shortened the bench to 8 players.  Not sure where Akuchie was ?
Only pressed one time the whole game and resulted in a easy lay up for CSU.  Game plan was more like Slocum than Calhoun.

Naz was one rebound away from a double double.   He'll probably have some up and down games as all frosh do but he's getting a feel for the college game.

Benton looked really poised at the point.  Probably are best option with Cam at the two.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version