Author Topic: MBB vs UWM  (Read 4266 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
MBB vs UWM
« on: January 04, 2018, 09:53:55 PM »
Boy we had a solid start to the second half and we are really trying to give this one away. Still up by 7 though ...just about 8-minutes left in the game.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: MBB vs UWM
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 10:25:54 PM »
Good win! Played well down the strretch!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 10:30:28 PM »
Good win. Glad to see the kids smiling and having fun.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 11:01:08 PM »
Wasn't pretty but we're 2-0 in the Horizon.   Would love to see some more of Tyree than 15 minutes.  Props to Garrett Covington for his defense.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 11:40:52 PM »
Great effort & good win against a solid team.  I thought it pretty complete game other than the stretch in the first half when we lost a big lead as YSU just couldn't hit a bucket, but we closed out the half strong, then let them back in at the end before putting them away.  But like the CSU game on Monday, didn't panic & didn't let them gain control or the lead.   Both these games probably would have been losses earlier in the year.

Still some rookie mistakes, but Cam & Braun really stepped up tonight.  Thought Haygood played good defensively, he just couldn't find the touch on offense.  If he could have knocked down a couple of those bunnies they probably wouldn't have been able to make it a game.  It's good to see him and Braun nail their foul shots.  Tyree really impresses me.  Would sure be nice to get another 5-10 mins out of him.  I don't understand why Anabir won't shoot.  He seems awkward, but he does have size & seems like has opportunities at times to score the ball. 

It goes back too to the last 2 games of making your foul shots & hitting some 3's and you give yourself an opportunity to win.  I really think we could have knocked off Indiana if we did the same.  If nothing else would have had the lead at half & been in it at the end.

After starting off 2-0 in the league, Green Bay has lost their last 2 including tonight at CSU.  Really have an opportunity here to go 3-0 with GB up next Saturday at home. 

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 09:55:36 AM »
1st time EVER starting out 2-0 in HL play.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 02:49:18 PM »
Thought was interesting that UWM beat Iowa State 74-56 @ Ames.  We could use a marque win like that.   Hopefully next season.