YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Monty is gone.

<< < (11/12) > >>

IAA Fan:
I do not agree on defense Chief. Our defense is fundamentally challenged & lacks balance. We still have weak secondary ability and we creep up to try and stop the run. Our offenses have always been exceptionally well-balanced. I am hoping more of the same comes to the defense. Like we had early-on this past season. We always fall flat when someone challenges us up front. ie: championship game,  or last year's first half against Pitt. Wofford challenged us 2 years ago, but we were too talented to lose that one. We have never lacked fundamental talent (like our D) on offense ... outside of last year's line depth & I felt we could have had stronger backs.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on December 30, 2017, 06:24:54 PM ---Do You guys realize if we go outside the program next year will be a learning Year especially on offense.  I hope we get an experienced play caller and somebody that understands our conference.

--- End quote ---

Will be somewhat of a learning curve even if we stay in house. If we go outside does Bo look for someone that fits our style or not. Same for the D, only time will tell.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 30, 2017, 06:43:29 PM ---I do not agree on defense Chief. Our defense is fundamentally challenged & lacks balance. We still have weak secondary ability and we creep up to try and stop the run. Our offenses have always been exceptionally well-balanced. I am hoping more of the same comes to the defense. Like we had early-on this past season. We always fall flat when someone challenges us up front. ie: championship game,  or last year's first half against Pitt. Wofford challenged us 2 years ago, but we were too talented to lose that one. We have never lacked fundamental talent (like our D) on offense ... outside of last year's line depth & I felt we could have had stronger backs.

--- End quote ---

No we just lacked competent play calling on offense. Defense led the nation in pass defense the last 2 years. Defense is not the issue.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on December 30, 2017, 10:12:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 30, 2017, 06:43:29 PM ---I do not agree on defense Chief. Our defense is fundamentally challenged & lacks balance. We still have weak secondary ability and we creep up to try and stop the run. Our offenses have always been exceptionally well-balanced. I am hoping more of the same comes to the defense. Like we had early-on this past season. We always fall flat when someone challenges us up front. ie: championship game,  or last year's first half against Pitt. Wofford challenged us 2 years ago, but we were too talented to lose that one. We have never lacked fundamental talent (like our D) on offense ... outside of last year's line depth & I felt we could have had stronger backs.

--- End quote ---

No we just lacked competent play calling on offense. Defense led the nation in pass defense the last 2 years. Defense is not the issue.

--- End quote ---

and you are going to deny our obvious deficiencies on D & just ignore record after record performance on offense? Are you going to deny the fact that you watched the top running back, TE's and best depth at QB that YSU has ever had occurred over the 6+ years? You say I have a thing for Monty? Must not be as strong as your relationship with Carl. Carl never shut a team down the entire time he was here. Granted I do think lack of talent and shortness of his tenure had much to do with it ...and he was more than responsible the vast improvement over our last 3.5 DC's but I watched coverage players game after game with no idea where the ball even was against average to just above average QB's. There is not a single person on this board that did not see it. Our d line never stopped anyone & we had no shut-down corners.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on December 30, 2017, 10:12:06 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Agreed.  The offense sputters against good teams or play calling becomes inept.......USD ring any bells?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version