YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Signing Day Updates

<< < (14/24) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on January 30, 2018, 10:18:44 PM ---Devanere Crenshaw, a 6-0 185 DB from Riverside City College has committed.

--- End quote ---

If that is the JC in Los Angeles, that is a great program. You may remember that Heacock got an "in" there years back. Some of you are are saying that we need a JUCO QB ... let's see if Crenshaw will bring their QB with him.

Penguin Ice:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on January 31, 2018, 03:24:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on January 30, 2018, 10:18:44 PM ---Devanere Crenshaw, a 6-0 185 DB from Riverside City College has committed.

--- End quote ---

If that is the JC in Los Angeles, that is a great program. You may remember that Heacock got an "in" there years back. Some of you are are saying that we need a JUCO QB ... let's see if Crenshaw will bring their QB with him.

--- End quote ---

Their QB is going to Minnesota

ytownchief22:
Bo believes the QB position is fine with VanGorder, Mays and Craycraft. Don't think we'll see another one come in. Cunningham is going to redshirt.

YSUGO:
So I guess next year is s rebuilding year.  We have two many holes to fill and not upgrading the QB position will be our Achilles heel.  Plus a new coordinators. If he was satisfied with the position why was their interests in the Pitt transfer.  I suspect with Montgomery leaving it has affected recruiting a Qb here at this time.  Plus why no announcement on who ARE the new coaches.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on January 31, 2018, 04:48:42 PM ---Bo believes the QB position is fine with VanGorder, Mays and Craycraft. Don't think we'll see another one come in. Cunningham is going to redshirt.

--- End quote ---
Watched Montgomery's HS highlight film again.  It is clear to me that ND didn't recruit him as a holder, but he pissed way 3 years of eligibility + a redshirt year, so he only has 1 year left.  hate to build a program around a new OC and a "one and done" QB.
I think the RS year for Jayden makes sense.  he has too many rush yards and too few passing yards to say he was ready for MVFC play. 
Craycraft is a big "?" at this point.  I wish Pleasant HS played a better schedule so we had some film, but it isn't his fault.  His RS year should help.
I don't see the pessimism of a "rebuild year".  We should be good to excellent on D, and good to excellent on special teams.  Given reasonable tackle play we should have an excellent running game, and we have added a couple 6-4 WR that will help a bunch. Mays was 75-113-1    66.4%    905 yds   4 tds and 6 yards per carry rushing.  With the year's experience and without Hunter looking over his shoulder, it is reasonable to expect significant improvement.  He just needs to show some discretion on getting the "extra yard" vs "living to play another play".
IMO it comes down to two OTs  If they play competitively and the OL holds up, we should be very competitive. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version