YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Idaho St - YSU

<< < (2/3) > >>

ytownchief22:
This year is a wash. Onto next year.

mudclods:
It just seems like this team can never find a spark- back to my point about missing Santiago.  In several games we were in, just couldn't make that 3, layup, or a near steal & something just seemed to switch the momentum back to the opponent.  In years past, Donlan or Cam would get hot and spark a run or Santiago would get everyone fired up by his hustle.  There's been very limited stretches where this team has put together a solid run this year.  I feel like Covington is the player that's been the closest to that this year and maybe Braun here and there. 

Cam just has never found his groove this year and it's very sad to see him struggling so bad in his senior year.  Cam and Braun have both made 17 3 pointers, but it's mind boggling to me that Cam has attempted 26 more 3's!  It's also very strange to me that Braun's 3-point % of 44 isn't much less than his FG % at 47 & FT % at 52. 

I also went back and looked at Cam's stats from prior years.  In his sophomore season his FG % was 47, 3-pt % at 41 & FT % at 81.  Last year his ppg went up, but his FG % dropped to 42, 3-pt % to 32 and FT % to 74.  Currently this year he's at 34% FG, 26% 3-pt & 74% FT. 

ytownchief22:
Naz should be playing DE on the football team.

mudclods:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on December 19, 2017, 09:54:38 PM ---Naz should be playing DE on the football team.

--- End quote ---

I realize he's a freshman, but I've been disappointed in his production.  Struggling with his shot, 50% at the line & just 1-7 for 3's.  A little surprised he's started every game. 

go guins:

--- Quote from: mudclods on December 19, 2017, 10:04:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on December 19, 2017, 09:54:38 PM ---Naz should be playing DE on the football team.

--- End quote ---

I realize he's a freshman, but I've been disappointed in his production.  Struggling with his shot, 50% at the line & just 1-7 for 3's.  A little surprised he's started every game.

--- End quote ---
Kid is an athlete and has the curse word of all sports attached to him "potential".  Calhoun is giving him as many "reps" as possible to see if they can get the game to slow down for him.  Shooting % s a clear indicator that he is  overwhelmed.  Several of the freshman look like they were the best on the court in HS and all the sudden other kids can run and jump with them and it has been a monumental adjustment period for them.  Hopefully.............

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version