YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

FCS Playoffs

<< < (5/6) > >>

guinpen:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on December 16, 2017, 05:09:31 PM ---Let me elaborate a little better.  The committee needs to start showing their 24 pics beginning 4 weeks before playoffs.  The conferences and teams need to be ranked by strength of schedule and each conference is ranked heres the kicker, The top 4 conferences get autobids.  They are the top 4 seeds.  The rest of the field is chosen as  an at large bid and seeded accordingly. If you are not a top 4 conference winner you are judged by strength of schedule, strength of conference etc. no more auto bids for the conferences don’t put their working capital and play good completion.

--- End quote ---

Showing the rankings the last month or so is a good idea. giving any conference an auto bid is a bad idea. figure out a way to blindly power rank every team in 1AA. Then take the top 16 teams. If a 6-5 team ranks higher than an 11-0  team, so be it. Tells teams and certain conferences that if they want to make the playoffs they need to step it up.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: guinpen on December 17, 2017, 06:33:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 16, 2017, 11:36:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: YSUGO on December 16, 2017, 11:07:58 AM ---I thought the best teams are supposed to be in the playoffs. My problem as Penguin Power States is the field is tainted with conferences having different scholarship limits and dollar commitments to funding football. The fans and alumni are getting screwed in the upper tier levels of fcs with this.  I found it embarrassing after watching the first ten minutes of last nights game to see that this wasn’t even going to be a game.  I think the playoff committee did a disservice to FCS on how we pick the brackets. If we want this level to be taken seriously it needs to be set up like the BCS.  They have no problem leaving the weaker conferences out.  And why are we so secret on where everybody stands.  Do like BCS and the last month or whatever show the top 24. It’s BS

--- End quote ---

Good point Go, but they only take 4-teams as this point; they will not get away with leaving any conference out in a sweet-16 field. Look how badly the Big-10 was screwed his year. Our level is supposed to be the example.

--- End quote ---

What did I miss, how was the big 10 screwed?

--- End quote ---

Every Big-6 conference that did not go was screwed.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: guinpen on December 17, 2017, 06:49:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUGO on December 16, 2017, 05:09:31 PM ---Let me elaborate a little better.  The committee needs to start showing their 24 pics beginning 4 weeks before playoffs.  The conferences and teams need to be ranked by strength of schedule and each conference is ranked heres the kicker, The top 4 conferences get autobids.  They are the top 4 seeds.  The rest of the field is chosen as  an at large bid and seeded accordingly. If you are not a top 4 conference winner you are judged by strength of schedule, strength of conference etc. no more auto bids for the conferences don’t put their working capital and play good completion.

--- End quote ---

Showing the rankings the last month or so is a good idea. giving any conference an auto bid is a bad idea. figure out a way to blindly power rank every team in 1AA. Then take the top 16 teams. If a 6-5 team ranks higher than an 11-0  team, so be it. Tells teams and certain conferences that if they want to make the playoffs they need to step it up.

--- End quote ---

Read what you are typing. You are saying that we no longer need conferences. I am fine with that. Tressel did it.

So you are sayng we no longe

guinpen:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 17, 2017, 09:00:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on December 17, 2017, 06:49:42 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Read what you are typing. You are saying that we no longer need conferences. I am fine with that. Tressel did it.

So you are sayng we no longe

--- End quote ---

Certainly conferences make scheduling easier, and may be a necessary evil, but I would trade a conference title for a spot in the play-offs every time.

IAA Fan:
yes but one should never be forced to make that decision. Let's look at the OVC. As recent as the late 80's and early 90's it was the best conference. (but top-heavy in football). Now it is just barely above mid-pack and that is an improvement over earlier years. The Big South and Patriot have produced some very good teams, but are down more than up. What you are really saying is that the none of the non or partial scholarship conferences deserve auto-bids ...well this is only 2 conferences, with one of them migrating to full-scholarship (along with the Patriot League). So that is 10 conferences that should be awarded the same opportunity. You do not think that other conferences are tired of losing bids to the MVFC and CAA? Do you not think the better teams want an easier first-round game? Just take these 10- conference champs, add in 6 at-large and let's go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version