YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Football Schedule

<< < (4/8) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 08, 2017, 06:07:42 PM ---LOL here it comes again. 2 things:

chief: you will be happy when you see one of the reasons why we schedule Butler, aside from this location is obvious. Valpo? I am sure that you can figure that one out by yourself.

Schools do not hold back schedules GO, like us, they are desperate. Again with this "scheduling is easy" crap. This is not the days prior to the "Tressel Rule".

If you people do not want to go to games, then don't. Save the seats for fans.

FYI. I drive past the Shoe every fall to attend YSU games. I would turn down an OSU v michigan ticket (and did) if the game falls on a day that YSU is even playing an away game at the same time. My daughter had 4-tickets during Tressel's championship season in 1992 & I said NO.

--- End quote ---
"Schools do not hold back schedules GO, like us, they are desperate. Again with this "scheduling is easy" crap."

1AA, that is CRAP and you know it.  PROOF?  NDSU has the YSU game for 2018 AND the YSU game for 2019 posted on their website! WE KNOW THOSE LEAGUE GAMES TOO!   There is NO desperation in the 1A scheduled games, as they are posted on the websites of our opponents. Good grief the Maryland game for 2024 is POSTED!  There is no desperation in the league games, so are you telling me we can't post a schedule because of we are desperate to get a Valpo and Butler?!?!  That is just B _ _ _ S _ _ _!  I think we don't post the schedule because the Athletic Department is to lazy to post it. 

goodnews:
2019 is a 12 game season.  Do we have an FBS game scheduled? I can't imagine what that schedule looks like?

go guins:

--- Quote from: goodnews on December 11, 2017, 10:10:39 AM ---2019 is a 12 game season.  Do we have an FBS game scheduled? I can't imagine what that schedule looks like?

--- End quote ---
Not WVU, they play us in 2018, JMU in 2019
not Pitt, KY, Louisville, MSU, Iowa, OSU, PSU, Indiana, Illinois. Michigan because they are all posted.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on December 08, 2017, 11:08:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on December 08, 2017, 06:07:42 PM ---LOL here it comes again. 2 things:

chief: you will be happy when you see one of the reasons why we schedule Butler, aside from this location is obvious. Valpo? I am sure that you can figure that one out by yourself.

Schools do not hold back schedules GO, like us, they are desperate. Again with this "scheduling is easy" crap. This is not the days prior to the "Tressel Rule".

If you people do not want to go to games, then don't. Save the seats for fans.

FYI. I drive past the Shoe every fall to attend YSU games. I would turn down an OSU v michigan ticket (and did) if the game falls on a day that YSU is even playing an away game at the same time. My daughter had 4-tickets during Tressel's championship season in 1992 & I said NO.

--- End quote ---

That's great. Problem is nobody goes to the games. Especially when they are weenie games like these. The east side press box is gonna open up more loges and that means more money for people to sit and drink and eat and laugh and not pay attention to the game. Money runs it all. That's all this department cares about. Forget about the casual fan.

--- End quote ---

Again with the "wannabe" vs. reality. As pointed out by Guinpen, no one goes to the weannie games. I have news for all of you JMU is a weeneie game, literally ANY FCS team that we can schedule is a weanie game to the typical fan ...so why do you keep asking for losses by scheduling teams that can beat us? The only way to make a I-AA/FCS team less of a weannie game is to market these opposing teams to YSU fans and we cannot afford to properly market ourselves. I bet you that we would sell out if the Buckeyes were coming here, but I bet we would not if Maryland was coming here. Face reality, we cannot attract "name brands" to the Ice Castle. Neither can ANY OTHER TEAM at out level. Do you think Butler woulf have Bolted to the Big East if they could schedule any MBB team they wanted at home and remain a part of the Horizon? Heck no, why put out the $$$$. They left because they had just been in bacl-to-back national championship games and still could get a quality "Big Time" opponent at home. Football is no different ...even worse.

YSU needs to win games and get to the post-season. Then make certain that we have HOME GAMES in the post-season. This is our revenue ... and nothing else.

go guins:
1AA, you should consider the possibility that some teams just want to play in the most competitive situation possible. The Big East is FAR superior to the Horizon and maybe, just maybe, Butler wanted to face the best competition possible.  Wonder why YSU left the Ohio Valley for the MFVC? 

You know, I think your boy Strollo told you scheduling was hard, and you bought the company line hook line and sinker.  I started this thread by asking why our schedule came out so long after most of the games were scheduled.  Having no other answer than our Athletic Department is simply to lazy to publish it sooner, I guess that's the answer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version