YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Pitt QB Transfer

<< < (2/11) > >>

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: Ytowndomn8s on November 27, 2017, 01:23:59 PM ---Has anyone heard that Joe Burrow from OSU is considering transferring YSU?  I was told by someone close to his family that it is a real possibility.  Seems like a perfect fit for us.  He throws it quite well, but really runs it better than he throws it.

--- End quote ---

I've heard rumors about him transferring.

IAA Fan:
I think it all depends on whether or not he graduates. He is a smart kid and in school for an education over ball. I heard he is very close to graduating on time (by then of summer). So if I read the rules correctly... if he waits then he would have to transfer with 1 year of eligibility. If he does not graduate & is willing to take his degree from another school ...he can transfer with 2-years of eligibility.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on November 27, 2017, 09:52:05 AM ---If we have to rely on a true freshman at QB, it's gonna be another long year without playoffs.

--- End quote ---
You think they said that when Pickett took over in Pitt? (right before he whipped up on #2 undefeated Miami?!?!)  This kid looking to get out of Pitt was highly recruited, but was redshirted a year, then was #4 on the depth chart this year.  That isn't a good sign because Pitt started the season with a guy that wasn't nearly as good as Hunter.  Wells was good enough to lead us to the playoffs as a freshman if we could play even a little defense under Wolford.  Mays, a redshirt freshman, a redshirt soph transfer from Pitt or a true freshman from University School.  I'll let the coaches decide in the fall, but I think I'd be OK with Cunningham.  Might as well have a Fr QB handing to a Fr RB.

IAA Fan:
Let's be realistic. This is May's team to lose, he MORE than earned it. In our program this new kid is not going to be that mobile, he needs to respect his protection, as Mays did for much of the season then the line let him down and he became used to running ...payed the price.

ytownchief22:
Mays is a backup. Benefited from injuries above him and can't stay healthy himself. The truth hurts sometimes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version