YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Pitt QB Transfer

<< < (9/11) > >>

YSUGO:
Hunter was hands down better than Brown.  That is a no-brainer.

go guins:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on December 16, 2017, 05:51:17 PM ---Hunter was hands down better than Brown.  That is a no-brainer.

--- End quote ---
That's my point, and the guy in question was 4th string behind Browne.  Could be just Pitt coaching staff that bad, but they have had some very credible wins in the last couple years. 
I also understand wanting playing time and the freshman at Pitt seems to have locked up the job for the next 3 years, so a couple of these guys COULD help a JMU or YSU.  However, overall, it you look at transfers over time, we consistently get all excited we we get 1A transfers, and almost all fail to pan out.  The OL JUCO transfer Mady was the best I recall.  Others?

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: go guins on December 18, 2017, 08:49:17 AM ---
--- Quote from: YSUGO on December 16, 2017, 05:51:17 PM ---Hunter was hands down better than Brown.  That is a no-brainer.

--- End quote ---
That's my point, and the guy in question was 4th string behind Browne.  Could be just Pitt coaching staff that bad, but they have had some very credible wins in the last couple years. 
I also understand wanting playing time and the freshman at Pitt seems to have locked up the job for the next 3 years, so a couple of these guys COULD help a JMU or YSU.  However, overall, it you look at transfers over time, we consistently get all excited we we get 1A transfers, and almost all fail to pan out.  The OL JUCO transfer Mady was the best I recall.  Others?

--- End quote ---

Well just in the last 3 years It's been Powell, Wright, Fraser, Moss, Alexander, Vitas, Bailey, Patterson, Reed. Arguably our best players and all starters on the team in those years. You get excited for a reason. Not all pan out, but most do. Especially under Bo.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on December 18, 2017, 09:31:58 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Well just in the last 3 years It's been Powell, Wright, Fraser, Moss, Alexander, Vitas, Bailey, Patterson, Reed. Arguably our best players and all starters on the team in those years. You get excited for a reason. Not all pan out, but most do. Especially under Bo.

--- End quote ---
Good work on a good list, and arguably the best player on the team for next season is Reed.  Bo's have in fact done well, but the further he is from Nebraska, I wonder if it continues?   Over the past decade there have been plenty of "misses" also.

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on December 18, 2017, 09:31:58 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the list Chief. Seems Bo is doing way better than I had thought with the transfers. I'm like a lot of you, I hope for the best but expect many to not pan out. It looks to me like Bo is doing much better than Wolf and his predecessors in that regard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version