Author Topic: Pitt QB Transfer  (Read 25580 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Pitt QB Transfer
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2017, 04:56:02 PM »
That preferred walk-on Tyler Zelinski, is a very good grab from the JUCO ranks for Pitt.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2017, 07:14:52 PM »
I would say there is interest on our part from what I'm hearing.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2017, 01:11:25 PM »
Pitt's other backup QB Ben DiNucci also just announced he is transferring out of Pitt in January. Another possibility.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2017, 02:33:50 PM »
Pitt's other backup QB Ben DiNucci also just announced he is transferring out of Pitt in January. Another possibility.
You think we should have interest in guys 3 and 4 levels below Hunter Wells?  I don't.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2017, 04:05:21 PM »

That would peek my interest. Drop-back kid with nice arm. However, this just goes to show how much potential Zelinsky has.

Offline robmat2571

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2017, 04:18:18 PM »
3 or 4 levels below Hunter Wells... hahaha... that's funny.  Hunter is pretty good for sure but, c'mon.  Ever see Ben DeNucci play?  I bet not!  Besides, he being rumored to be transferring to James Madison.  Clearly they have no idea what they are doing.  Hahaha.  Please try to land one of these two guys!  Especially DeNucci!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2017, 06:15:56 PM »
You think we should have interest in guys 3 and 4 levels below Hunter Wells?  I don't.

Hahaha wow. If you think Wells was a great QB, that just goes to show how bad the rest of our QB's are on this roster.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2017, 07:25:44 PM »

Hahaha wow. If you think Wells was a great QB, that just goes to show how bad the rest of our QB's are on this roster.

Wells is the best of the bunch. 

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2017, 10:54:35 PM »

Wells is the best of the bunch.

Yeah and that's not saying much. Some on this board made him out to be Joe Flacco.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2017, 08:51:24 AM »

You guys pass reading, or reading comprehension in school?  I didn't say Hunter was great, I said he was better than Browne at Pitt.  I stand by that.  The guy in question was #4 behind Browne, therefore 5 steps below Wells.  Argue with me that Hunter was even with Browne, then that makes QB transfer prospect "only" 4 steps below Wells.  I do agree with the current status of our QB position being very questionable, that's why I have been saying "Cunningham" for a month.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2017, 05:51:17 PM »
Hunter was hands down better than Brown.  That is a no-brainer.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2017, 08:49:17 AM »
That's my point, and the guy in question was 4th string behind Browne.  Could be just Pitt coaching staff that bad, but they have had some very credible wins in the last couple years. 
I also understand wanting playing time and the freshman at Pitt seems to have locked up the job for the next 3 years, so a couple of these guys COULD help a JMU or YSU.  However, overall, it you look at transfers over time, we consistently get all excited we we get 1A transfers, and almost all fail to pan out.  The OL JUCO transfer Mady was the best I recall.  Others?

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2017, 09:31:58 AM »
That's my point, and the guy in question was 4th string behind Browne.  Could be just Pitt coaching staff that bad, but they have had some very credible wins in the last couple years. 
I also understand wanting playing time and the freshman at Pitt seems to have locked up the job for the next 3 years, so a couple of these guys COULD help a JMU or YSU.  However, overall, it you look at transfers over time, we consistently get all excited we we get 1A transfers, and almost all fail to pan out.  The OL JUCO transfer Mady was the best I recall.  Others?

Well just in the last 3 years It's been Powell, Wright, Fraser, Moss, Alexander, Vitas, Bailey, Patterson, Reed. Arguably our best players and all starters on the team in those years. You get excited for a reason. Not all pan out, but most do. Especially under Bo.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2017, 09:54:36 AM »

Well just in the last 3 years It's been Powell, Wright, Fraser, Moss, Alexander, Vitas, Bailey, Patterson, Reed. Arguably our best players and all starters on the team in those years. You get excited for a reason. Not all pan out, but most do. Especially under Bo.
Good work on a good list, and arguably the best player on the team for next season is Reed.  Bo's have in fact done well, but the further he is from Nebraska, I wonder if it continues?   Over the past decade there have been plenty of "misses" also.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2017, 09:47:42 PM »

Thanks for the list Chief. Seems Bo is doing way better than I had thought with the transfers. I'm like a lot of you, I hope for the best but expect many to not pan out. It looks to me like Bo is doing much better than Wolf and his predecessors in that regard.