Author Topic: Pelini to Bowling Green  (Read 13725 times)

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Pelini to Bowling Green
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2017, 08:34:09 AM »
So now who will be our HC in 2019?
This should be a great job for an up and coming coordinator who whats to be a HC.  The problem with that is nobody outside the "good ol' boy's network" knows your name!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2017, 10:26:34 AM »
Shane Montgomery also interviewed for the Robert Morris head coaching job.  He didn't get this job, they already hired someone else.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2017, 10:28:32 AM »
Shane Montgomery also interviewed for the Robert Morris head coaching job.  He didn't get this job, they already hired someone else.

He was one of the 3 finalists.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2017, 01:59:02 PM »

This will probably bring the Montgomery haters out of the woodwork, but for my money, it will at least fix the problem of an OC who wants a classic drop back pocket passer and a HC who wants a run/pass threat at QB.  Now we have Mays and Cunningham as run/pass QBs and Craycraft who is a drop back guy and Shane wants one style and Bo the other. 
On the coaching side, what is the likelyhood that Stoops moves to DC to replace Pelini?  (or anybody else on staff?)

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2017, 02:30:56 PM »

This will probably bring the Montgomery haters out of the woodwork, but for my money, it will at least fix the problem of an OC who wants a classic drop back pocket passer and a HC who wants a run/pass threat at QB.  Now we have Mays and Cunningham as run/pass QBs and Craycraft who is a drop back guy and Shane wants one style and Bo the other. 
On the coaching side, what is the likelyhood that Stoops moves to DC to replace Pelini?  (or anybody else on staff?)

I would say the chances are about 75% that Stoops takes over the defense.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2017, 02:53:56 PM »
Stoops can have the title. Defense isn't going to change. It's Bo's style.

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2017, 03:05:23 PM »
Stoops can have the title. Defense isn't going to change. It's Bo's style.

That’s why I think it’s 75% for Stoops. Would you want to come in and run a defense under Bo

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2017, 06:14:50 PM »
Seems a bit odd that he would bail if Tress and Bo tried to keep him around.

BGSU isn't really a step up in my opinion. I don't know anything about the money involved but on the surface it seems to me like he is leaving the old hometown for a lateral job move.

Maybe something else is going on, who knows.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2017, 07:41:43 PM »
Unlikely, but maybe just maybe Bo intends to stay longer and Carl found out and so he wants to take his chances on moving up elsewhere because he doesn't want to wait as long as bo intends to stay on

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2017, 08:30:57 PM »
Unlikely, but maybe just maybe Bo intends to stay longer and Carl found out and so he wants to take his chances on moving up elsewhere because he doesn't want to wait as long as bo intends to stay on

May be he wants to pick up a few more $ and at FBS to add to his resume before coming back to YSU to replace Bo as HC.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2017, 08:57:07 AM »
I don't see any change in the possibility of Carl replacing Bo based on staying at YSU or going to BGSU.  If he improves BGSU (and he will, good grief look how bad they were) it will only make a return MORE likely.

Regarding BGSU being a lateral move, 6 letters covers that FBS vs FCS.  The BGSU non-conference schedule for 2018 includes Oregon Pac12, Maryland BIG10 and Georgia Tech ACC.  Ours includes traditional football powers Valpo and Butler.  I know we are all homers, and big "MVFC is best" etc. etc. but we are 1AA not 1A and we are clearly a level below.  I am 100% opposed to trying to make the commitment to move up as entirely too costly, but we are not "top level" football either.  Consistently coaching against Big10 ACC Pac12 and of course the MAC is definitely a step up for a coach.  (In addition, BGSU has Illinois, Notre Dame, and Ohio State scheduled the next couple years) 

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2017, 03:30:09 PM »

Maybe just the opposite.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2017, 03:45:19 PM »

If coach Shane is looking, Bo staying would be the smart bet.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2017, 08:44:36 AM »

Maybe just the opposite.
I'm with you on this 1AA  This sets up the Carl to HC.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2017, 11:32:32 AM »
Bobby Stoops is available ;)