YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Westminster Titans

<< < (3/3)

ucfpengbuck:

--- Quote from: go guins on November 22, 2017, 08:54:01 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on November 22, 2017, 08:43:26 AM ---Man I love Calhoun lol. Listen to all of this. Love the comment about getting the disease of losing out of the program!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFtGQgqwuRo

--- End quote ---
Everybody should listen to this.  This guy knows what he is doing.  He is INCREDIBILITY candid.

--- End quote ---

Coach said some interesting things.   

-Said team lacks toughness
-There was bickering on the bench
-praised Garrett Covington.  Garrett works hard in practice and doesn't 2nd guess the coaches.

Who ever the players are that are running their mouths better shut up and start buying into what the coaches are trying to implement.  Tyree Robinson seems to be a tough guy but he's not getting minutes and we need him.  I hope he's listening to the coaches and bringing his lunch pale to practice.   Long season to go.

ytownchief22:
Like he said, Santiago is hurt and can't play full minutes. Hartfield is just coming into his own and then you have a bunch of new players that have never played D1 basketball other than Cam. It's hard to change the mentality of a program when all they're used to is sucking. It won't be this year.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on November 22, 2017, 04:48:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on November 22, 2017, 08:54:01 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on November 22, 2017, 08:43:26 AM ---Man I love Calhoun lol. Listen to all of this. Love the comment about getting the disease of losing out of the program!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFtGQgqwuRo

--- End quote ---
Everybody should listen to this.  This guy knows what he is doing.  He is INCREDIBILITY candid.

--- End quote ---

Coach said some interesting things.   

-Said team lacks toughness
-There was bickering on the bench
-praised Garrett Covington.  Garrett works hard in practice and doesn't 2nd guess the coaches.

Who ever the players are that are running their mouths better shut up and start buying into what the coaches are trying to implement.  Tyree Robinson seems to be a tough guy but he's not getting minutes and we need him.  I hope he's listening to the coaches and bringing his lunch pale to practice.   Long season to go.

--- End quote ---

I watched it on YouTube. Coach apparently knew which are players he could count on going forward.

IMO, Some of the players currently do not have the defensive skill to guard people down low.

As I said before, many of them thought they were playing in the NBA all star game.... Trying to show off their one on one offensive skill while playing no defense. They took 3 point shot early in the clock or drove to the basket with fancy spin move and could not finish. There was a play in the last game where they must have gotten 4 offensive rebounds and missed all the put backs.

I am sure tha coach will find 8 or 9 players to play team defense and team offense. If the rest of them could not buy into the coach's system, they would not be around next year.

YSU1:
The press seems to tire out YSU rather than the other team.  When you are tired the arms become heavy which affects your shot

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version