YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

2018 Bo's last season?

<< < (5/7) > >>

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: dwj on November 29, 2017, 12:14:02 PM ---Heard a rumor from a reliable source that Robert Morris has interest in SM as a head coach.

--- End quote ---

Heard they same. Not sure he would be interested.

YSUGO:
Bo is quite happy here.  Shane is not going anywhere.  We are hitting the juco colleges hard for a QB.  I know they are high on one of the kids we red shirted last year.  They are not satisfied going in next year with Mays

go guins:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on November 29, 2017, 02:57:50 PM ---Bo is quite happy here.  Shane is not going anywhere.  We are hitting the juco colleges hard for a QB.  I know they are high on one of the kids we red shirted last year.  They are not satisfied going in next year with Mays

--- End quote ---
I drive in to work every day for 2 weeks listening to ESPN talk about this opening and that opening and who is going to take this and who is going there.  Good jobs like Oregon, Texas A&M Fl, Fl St. Tenn. etc. and I know Bo is a better coach than most of the candidates. I can't help but wonder where "quite happy" fits with 150,000 a MONTH vs. 21,000 a month?  Somewhere that extra $4,000 a DAY has an effect on people.  Money doesn't buy happiness, but it certainly allows you to look for happiness in a lot better places!   We've all watched dozens and more people in sports and high profile public positions say how happy they were at a place and then leave for the money.  We'll see.  I'd love to have Bo for 15 years, but I just don't see it happening.

ytownchief22:
He's staying until his 2nd daughter graduates from Mooney in a couple years. After that, who knows.

IAA Fan:
I don't see Bo leaving this year and cannot afford to look any further ahead. Coach Shane has had many better offers and held better than RMU. He gets it done on the field and off; in addition to being a well-paid (at our level) "stable administrative cog" during a time where YSU's program has not had much of that. Despite personal indiscretions in the past, coach Carl is another coordinator that knows his business on the field & has done nothing, that we know of, to discredit this program. I would like to see Shane recruit in a couple of skilled areas on O and Carl focus on D "meat & potatoes" on the recruiting trail. Coach Stoops work with special teams has not gone unnoticed and made me quite happy. Although I am upset with coach Carm, this has really been the only poor year we have had up front & this is an area where recruiting can have an immediate impact; but this is an area where we will need to focus on JUCO in order to get some physically-developed players. Coach Crist (IMO) has really had a good year, with what is a deceptively modest talent, he has given us a solid group. Coach Ganz has done very-well over the past 2-seasons and deserves a chance to take on more responsibility; the word is still out on his recruiting abilities. McKissic-Luke seems to get the max effort from McCaster & I really like what I see in Turner. I would still love to see more another Ruiz come on board during the off-season.  Honestly, Bo has been the only inconsistency on the staff this past year and that seems to be his "MO".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version