YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

2018 Bo's last season?

<< < (3/7) > >>

dwj:
What's Mangino doing these days. 

go guins:

--- Quote from: dwj on November 22, 2017, 07:04:23 AM ---What's Mangino doing these days.

--- End quote ---
He appears to be retired.  Guy is a "bit" of a lose cannon, but he can coach football!
On the lose cannon topic.  Anybody notice the mellowing on the sideline and interview room of Pelini over the last couple years?  He came in as the firebrand we knew from Nebraska, yelling at refs etc. but I don't recall one instance this whole season.  Tressel influence?

ytownchief22:
Nobody on this staff should be a head coach besides Bo. We'll see what unfolds as the years go on. Let's focus on the off season and next year.

go guins:
OK, next year:
Next season comes down to Jayden Cunningham and Braxton Chapman.  If they can play as freshman (Chapman will be a redshirt freshman) then we should be pretty good.  If not, we are going to be rebuilding.  Spencer will be missed on the OL, but overall the group was a disappointment and so we shouldn't have any drop off with a couple new guys, maybe even see improvement.  D should be pretty good.  Smith and Reed to anchor the line, Armand the LB and Gibson, Smalls and Hegedus as DB's might be our best is many years.  For me, with Chapman and McCaster at RB, I'd move Turner to the slot.  He is a proven receiver and can move in the open field.  I'd figure a way to keep him on the field and get him the ball in space.

Penguin Ice:
The Kent State job just opened

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version